Pictures of my RFGT40 painted in Titanium Metallic !

OK guys, I hope this works. I have posted
some photos on another sight.
here is the link. It's the best I could
do for now. I will post more as soon as the
rear clip and engine are installed.
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/index.php?user=11380&cat=500&thumb=1

Hersh
smile.gif

G

Hersh,
I swear I thought I was seeing double. Mine looks just like that only missing the outer thin stripes. I also have some silver fleck in the black.

Yours is Lookin Good !!!

Cheers,
RV

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Hersh,

Congratulations mate, you have a great looking car. I look forward to seeing her soon.

Best wishes,

Robert

Man, that is good looking. i bet you have walked around it 100 times just looking at it. I have been working up the courage to paint my car, but I can't stand the thought of it being unavailable for the downtime.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hersh,

Looks Sweet! I think the color is perfect for a '40- outstanding yet somewhat restrained.

BTW, the NACA ducts in the nose are not functional?

Rick

Hersh,

Very nice job and excellent color choice. Is the silver a Porsche color. A good friend just picked Meridian Metallic from Porsche which is very similar to your color.

Congrats,

Keith

Excellent color choice! I am planning on silver with black stripes or gulf stripe as well.

The pictures look great. Believe it or not the car is even better in person. Who knew these cars could be so beautiful.
John

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hi Hersh! It looks fantastic. Would you post paint numbers and what kind you used, if you don't mind? It will be one sweet ride when it's rolling.
grin.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Hershal,

tis beautiful! The silver and black really looks good, even better than I thought it would, and that was nice.

Ron

Thanks guy for all the nice compliments.
Jim, I used spies-hekker urathane base
coat clear coat. I don't have the number
for spies-Hekker but they cross referenced
the PPG number for me. The color is
a 1994 Lamorghini color PPG 35989. I normally
use Dupont Crhoma-base but this stuff is
far better. It really goes down well and covers the best I've seen. I especially like
the way the clear buffs and polishes. As you
know the real work is in the preparation.

Hersh
smile.gif

Hersh,

It looks like another beautiful Roaring Forties GT40 is about to hit the road. Congratulations. Now, you've got me pumped up to get on my GT40 project!

Thanks and have fun!

John

By the way, I received an email from a GT40 CD customer who said,"Remember that racecar spelled backwards is still racecar."
Cool, huh?

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hershal, the 40 looks great. I went to the Spies Hecker web site,( USA, there are others for the UK, and the like ), and was amazed. It appears that they are part of the DuPont Co.. Check this site out. http://www.spiesheckerusa.com/bowstreet/com.bowstreet.service.DPCLoginMNF/Method:external
grin.gif
PC-Login-HM-C:InterfaceFunction
This site, also shows that Silver has out done White as the most popular color WORLD WIDE. If anyone was at Carlisle, last week I was VERY impressed with the House Of Kolors blue on the 30th Anniversary Diablo located in the same building as the ERA 40's. At any rate your 40 looks GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!

I put up six new photos of the GT40.
They show the dash and the front clip completed. Notice how the paint reflects
the florescent lights and the flash on the
camera. The dash is completed and wired.
I started laying out the carpet and insulation today. I hope to have the interior done this week. I added brake fluid
and pumped up the system. They feel good and
the pedals work great. The steering wheel
is temporary until my Motolita gets here. I
kind like this one even though it's a cheapy.
grin.gif

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/index.php?user=11380&cat=500&thumb=1

Hersh
smile.gif

Hershal, that car looks gorgeous, and the color scheme appeals to me more each time I view it. But for God's sake, get that car out in the Arizona sun the next time you take any pictures!
wink.gif

Regards,
Mark

Back