Production Sports Racing - Sydney Australia

Hi All,
Our own, Iain Pretty is racing RF117 against porsches, ferrari F360 and a haggle of Loti.
My car is a 1997 Lotus Elise with a supercharged honda K20 2 litre engine.

We run a 6 - round sprint series in conjunction with a 4 - round 1- hour enduro series.

First round was last weekend at Sydney's Eastern Creek raceway.:

results: look under porduction sports cars:
NATSOFT Race Result

Here is a video of our trophy race from inside my car. (the white VW is a very modified GT2):
ProdSports 2009 Round 1 Race3 on Vimeo

hope you enjoy it.

Tim.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Excellent Tim, Brilliant footage and great racing-- look forward to your exploits through out the season.
Eeer --perhaps you could dub in some V8 noises for us Octothump depraved old geezers --instead of that mosquito noise:laugh:

Hey Tim, Excellant stuff.Great footage and great results.Keep it up and all the best for the rest of the season.cheers Leon

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Great driving Tim, that VW was slowing you up heaps which let the other Elise through. It's bloody tough in the middle of a sandwich like that where you've got to try to attack and defend at the same time! Still, they both wilted under the pressure eventually. Great results. I look forward to your next races.

Tim great racing, was that move on the porsche practiced or Opportunistic either way it was great to watch. Better then anything at the taxi race at Adelaide.

Darrell

Nice wirk Tim!
Love the footage as well, please continue to post up the video of each race. Can't wait to see Iain's car appear in both the rear and forward view of the video.

I was out at EC and saw you car parked in the pit area but unfortuantely I arrived to late for your race. I arrived when the RX7's were on the track followed by the Formula 3 and radicals etc.

cheers
Stuart

Thanks for the comments guys.
Stu, and anyone, if you are around the pits, PLEASE call by. I'll give you a tour of the car. Love to catch up.
PS: did you see my old GT there? It was there sat and sun in the carpark.

When I saw your car it was parked on 45degree angle with its rear facing the pit garages. Had a couple of people standing near it. I waited a few minutes to try and take a good picture but gave up to go watch the racing. next time I'll say Hi and get some shots of you racing.

Wish I had of seen your old 40 about. Was it parked before you come through the tunnel or actually in the pit parking area? either way missed it!:furious:

cheers
Stuart

Hi Stu,
Yes, i will be there.
Iain has his old Cobra entered. AFAIK he's still waiting on engine bits for the GT40.

Also running will be:
2 x GT2's
4 x GT3 Cup
and a gaggle of other Loti.

Thanks for the heads-up Tim. I hope to make it out there.
Do you know yet what times your races are scheduled for Sunday yet?

I have a friend that will also me racing with you, his first venture out was at EC (but I didn't know he was racing then) in the RX7 with "Massel" and the Aussie flag on it. his name is Mick if you come across him.

cheers
Stuart

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Great stuff Tim, love the in car camera set up. Can you let us have the info on the make and where available?
Terrific production and direction Tim, letting the white car and the red momentarily,get past to maintain viewer interest and excitement.
Really fun to watch.
Wombat? isn't that an Australian animal that eats, roots and leaves???:D

Hey Pete,
The cameras are "Elmo" cams. I will dig the info out at work next week.
I'm pretty sure they came (on line) from Digital Camera Warehouse.

Hope to get some good footage this weekend. We have a pretty strong field.

The Prancing Wombat was just one of those silly ideas that stuck! Poeple seem to like it.

We had a great weekend racing the Lotus HPE. All we had to do to the car was wash the windscreen! Although the wets were on and off a few times with ever-changing weather.

Saturday was fine for qualifying and i was lucky enough to break my pb time by almost two seconds (new tyres are very helpfull !!).
We started race 1 on pole, but there had been rain, we decided to stay on slicks, buy the GT2 was on wets. He got a good start, while i sturggled to keep the others (on wets) at bay. I dropped to fourth. By the time i had some heat in the tyres, i got up to second, but the GT2 was to far ahead to catch in a 6 lap race.

Race 2 was on sunday, dry track (after a night of rain). We got blasted at the start by the GT2, but got inside him exiting turn 4. Then ran away, and with my tyres still in good shape, we managed to take a second off the Production (Marque) Sports lap record. YAY!

Race 3 was close to being rained out, but it just held off. We got a good start, and led the whole way.'

I'll post a link to vidoes when they are uploaded to Vimeo.

cheers, TM.

Qualifying NATSOFT Race Result
Race 1 NATSOFT Race Result
Race 2 NATSOFT Race Result
Race 3 NATSOFT Race Result

Back