Race tracks if based in Vancouver

Malcolm

Supporter
If one lived in Vancouver what road courses are within a sensible range? No point moving if you can't go racing!!!!!

There is Pacific Raceways just south of Seattle about 30 miles; Spokane Raceway Park southeast about 350 miles; Portland International Raceway south of Vancouver about 250 miles, just below Vancouver USA. All have road courses of 1.7 to 2.25 miles approx. Then there are the ovals................

Hi Malcolm,
As Rich mentioned Seattle is your closest track (3 hour drive), followed by a new track Ridge Motorsportspark (4 hours), Portland (5 hours), and Oregon Raceway (7 hours). All these have frequent track days if that's what you're looking for. Wheel to wheel racing occurs at all these tracks too plus a 'so so' road course at Mission Raceway close to Vancouver itself. Coming from U.K. the weather should be familiar.

Thinking of moving Malcolm? Me too! Funny thing, I have crossed many places from the list for the same reason! How practical are we? :)

There's also Mission Raceway, about 20 miles east of Vancouver, in Canada so you don't have to cross a border to get there. Not a great track, but hey, it's a track.

Mission (River's Edge) raceway is not the old Westwood. Mission is a pretty small track and really hard on brakes but it's all we've got for now. Pacific Raceway is really nice and the new Ridge look great but haven't run there yet. People I've talked to that have run it say it's excellent.

Cheers
Dennis

We have a great amount of tracks in a relatively short distance. I have run at the Ridge for about 60 hours now. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Pacific Raceways is getting some new asphalt as the numbers for the quotes are coming in less than what they budgeted. That is great news. If you want to run, look me up and we'll set up at a Tuen2 Lapping day. Best track days ever!

Malcolm

Supporter
Move not going to happen! One can dream....

Just thinking about circuits within a two hour radius from home here I have Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Goodwood, Lydden, Bedford Autodrome and Castle Combe. Add another hour and I also have Donnington. Kinda spoilt for choice really. My next race is a two hour mini enduro on the Brands Hatch GP circuit. Fab!

Back