Radiator Super Stretch

I am compiling supplies to start on my scratch build and was wondering what kind of piping I should use for the radiator? I want to run a hard pipe from the front of the car where the soft line radiator hoses drop down, to the back where the engine sits. Do I need stainless piping or should I just use some sort of soft hose?

Shawn

Use alloy or stainless tube 1.6mm wall is fine.Use the hoses as flexable joints.
Beading the ends of the tubes is a must.
I worked mine out so I use a 90deg 1 1/2" hose on every joint.
That way you only need to carry 1 spare.

Jim

Thanks for advice. I think I will go with stainless, since I have a bunch of it already. When you say bead the ends, do you mean I should put a bead of weld all the way around for the radiator hose to grab onto?

Harbor Freight Tools used to sell an inexpensive tube beader tool, but I don't see it listed anymore. There are some listed partway down this page:

AN PLUMBING.COM Earls performance products, Hose ends Hose,Adapters, fittings

This is made by Earl's Performance. The tool is called "EZ Tubing Beader", and they are widely available from numerous different sources including Summit Racing, and Amazon.com. Pick the size of tube you're going to use, shop around for the best deal (or your favorite vendor), order one up, and live happily ever after. :thumbsup:

HI Shawn I have a beadroller for 1.5 x .06 tubing that I could send . Just return when done or I have some tubing here that I could roll the beads into then you could Tig onto what you have. Send Me a PM. For some reason I can't post to the Forum were you have questions on a RH steering rack. Wally

Back