RCR and Billy Mead Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post made on this section earlier today that has been moved to a safe storage area at Ron Earp's request.

He is currently tied up on business related matters for most of the day BUT will take a look later when he gets a chance and if deemed appropriate, will re-instate the post accordingly.

Best regards
Paul Thompson
(UK Admin)

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Re: Re Missing thread.....

paul

Was it the thread titled ' Fran, final letter for resolution' which I posted on.

If so why was it removed?

Thanks

Andy

I'm sorry but that's just weak. Giving a vendor like RCR the ability to censor posts that might put his business practices in an unfavorable light while pasting the RCR fanboi ravings all over the place just cheapens this entire forum. God forbid anyone get the straight dope on a $40,000 purchase they're considering.

No worries, though, in anticipation of just such an action I took the liberty of copying the offending post in its entirety and posting it on another forum. Just in the nick of time, too, as when I returned to refresh the screen, I was told I needed a password to access the post. So if for some reason Ron chooses to keep the thread in a "safe location" I'll be glad to respond to PMs with a link.

Just trying to help.

Who owns this forum?

Do the members or RCR own this forum?

If the removed thread is not reactivated, its denies the GT40 community of some very important information about RCR.

I was lucky enough to read and copy Billy Meads thread before it was deleted, the thread is way too important to lock....

Fran, a far more detailed response to Billy's post should be forthcoming.

RCR customers with outstanding vehicle or parts deliveries would be most concerned about this serious commercial issue. If I had a 50% deposit on an RCR vehicle right now I would be most concerned about my money. This issue of partial or total lack of delivery appears to be a systemic problem with RCR.

Again, Fran your response to an individual who has 400K invested with you was insulting to say the least.

Billy, good luck (you will need it) and I hope it all works out for you and your family.

Paul, thank you, please can we lock this one as well as it seems within three posts people have already been able to miss read information given and have already potentially started spreading false information.

This is between the two parties involved and *at this time* no one else.

I would however like to see a post regarding the resolution of it all regardless of the outcome, I would suggest that an agreed statement between the two parties is handed to a 3rd person and posted in a new thread.

Mark Worthington, Post #3 couldn't be more correct....

If only Fran had contacted Billy Mead as quickly as he must have contacted the forum moderators.....

hi i think its my thread thats gone missing can someone tell me whats going on dale

Paul, thank you, please can we lock this one as well as it seems within three posts people have already been able to miss read information given and have already potentially started spreading false information.

This is between the two parties involved and *at this time* no one else.

I would however like to see a post regarding the resolution of it all regardless of the outcome, I would suggest that an agreed statement between the two parties is handed to a 3rd person and posted in a new thread.

what false information

Re: Who owns this forum?

Ron owns it all.

Ron requested it be locked for review.

Ron lost his money in the RF collapse, and has an understanding of the issues at stake.

I am an RCR customer, and so I also have an interest in this information.

But I also understand that it can be difficult for a manufacturer to address issues with a single customer in a fair manner on an internet forum. There are always two sides to every story, and sometimes both cannot be accurately related here.

Are we interested in resolution of the problem(s) or do we just want to stir the pot?

Why can we not wait and see, as requested?

THANK YOU, finally, someone who understands and who actually has more of a reason to post than most will.

I need to shut up now.

If there is an issue between Fran and a customer they should be allowed to work out a resolution privately. I did not see the post, nor do I care to. To haul laundry onto a forum is simply not fair to either party. My personal experience with RCR has been satisfactory.

Just giving my point to this matter
I remember reading a thread about a Tornado window issue not long ago where RCR(Fran) stirred around in it and can't understand why hîs company now gets protection
I've got neither an RCR not Tornado car , but if their are rules in this forum then they shiould apply for all

JP

As a forum member - I visit this site frequently to enjoy it's content and on occasion add to it. As a frequent visitor Ron has bestowed Admin status on me so that I can help with maintaining the high level of signal to noise that this site enjoys, by banning spam posters and deleting their crap posts about iPods or DVDs etc etc

This thread was brought to my attention this morning whilst I was busy at work and then again after a call from Ron, who was/is also busy but away from a PC.

I chose to MOVE it - NOT delete it. As soon as Ron is able, (remember it is HIS forum) he will take a look and make the call.

If I should have left alone, then no doubt Ron will move it back.

If that is the case then I apologise wholeheartedly as it was 'my' call.

Please be patient for what is likely to be only a few hours....

Ron Earp

Admin

Guys,

I did not have access to the forum this morning due to one of those little things called a job. Moderating GT40s.com is NOT my real job. Also, believe me, I know what grief is with a replica car manufacturer - $37,000 of grief from my side. Try explaining that to your wife. So I do understand why an open forum is very important.

I learned of the post in question via email and called Paul Thompson, a friend whom I trust for level headed and non-biased information. I asked his opinion of the thread in question, where it looked like the thread was going, and his opinion on the matter. At that point the thread had a post by a competitor of RCR and a post by a fellow who registered just this morning. From what I heard it sounded like this thread was going down the tubes as a bashing thread and I asked Paul to move it to storage until I could evaluate it. Over the next few minutes I got many emails on my Blackberry from numerous individuals regarding this thread.

In the recent past Paul and I have had to moderate two threads that started out just like this. A customer complains about something, which is all fine and good, but then it turns into a shouting match with many people that are not even involved in the situation at all, or worse, are competitors of one another. This sort of behavior doesn’t do anyone any good, not at all.

To make it clear, Fran Hall, or any other manufacturer, cannot have a thread pulled. Based on what information I could gather from Paul without actually reading the thread I thought the thread should be moved to storage. I take responsibility for it and I feel it was the right decision at the time. If you don’t like how/when/why it was pulled then take it up with me - you’ve got my PM address and email.

Now, on to present matters. I have now read the thread in question and I have moved the thread back to the RCR forum from storage. I have locked the thread at this time but it is readable for all. Fran Hall and the affected individual will have to decide on their own if they wish to continue a public diatribe on other threads. I urge strong caution in posting new threads about the topic if you don’t have a vested interest, please do not post to stir the pot. I am also going to consolidate these other “where is the thread” threads into one thread.

Paul, thanks for the help with this. I just got back to a computer a little while ago. This is one of those quandaries where you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Some folks look at situation like this and feel it a private business matter. Others want to know more information. Some have an axe to grind. Still others don't care what happens but are reaching for the popcorn because they want to see a show. It isn't too damn hard to tell who is who from the post content. It is hard to make a "right" decision with so many different motives.

Ron

Well done Ron, and Paul.
An almost impossible task to keep things in perspective here, I do not envy your roles to keep a balanced view on the forum.
Keep up the good work.

Ron, Paul and the moderators-
You have a thankless task in policing the forum. I applaud you for the great job you have done. This is a great forum with great people.

Cheers and Happy New Year
Bill D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back