RCR Canards photo

Hi all

Has anyone got a photo or a link to a photo of canards on the RCR GT40 cars?

I have just been offered a pair and was wondering what they look like?

Bernie,
I have a several shots of the different types of canards. I also have a template that I amn trying out on my DRB. I think it will fill the bill if you are interestedd. I have made a paper patern that I have taped in place just to see how it looks, and I like the way it looks. I will be building a set soon. I am trying to figure out the type of attachment that I like. There are lots of styles out there. Some are braced some are straight line, and some have a gentle curve to them, some short, others long. Will post some pics tonight when I get off work.
Speaking of attachment, could anyone post some pics of the way they have attached theirs, it would be beneficial. Most pics are just of the outside.

Bill

Since I have a lot of photos, lets get started. The info I give could be eronious, so if someone knows of these cars, give a shout as to how they are attached or anything pertinent.
Here is 1061
canard1061.jpg

canard1061a.jpg

canard21.jpg

Hard to tell but these are braced at the front, and I can't tell but they are probably just bolted to the body.
Here is one of the SAAC cars and theirs is supported with an adjustable rod.
canardSAAC.jpg

canardSAACside.jpg

Here is a Superformance treatment, also suported.
canardSuperformance.jpg

Here is 1083. This canard is bolted to the body, don't know if it goes to the inside of the fiberglass.
Canard1083aaa.jpg

Canard1083aa.jpg

Here is 1043
Canard1043.jpg

Here is another original.It is attached above and below the canard, and is straight.
canard1966_ford_gt40_mk1_right_front_corner.jpg

canard1079.jpg

Canard1036.jpg

An unkown
canard186.jpg

Here is Kim's car.
canardKim1.jpg

canardKim1.jpg

Howard's car. These are curved.
canardHowardfront.jpg

canardHowardside.jpg

Here is 2135 showing the bracing.
canard2135.jpg

Here are some of the blanks that I believe Ian was going to furnish??
canards006Small.jpg

One of the attachments
canards002Small.jpg

Here are drawings that I think Howard furnished to me. Its been a while!! I liked this version because it had the up sweep to it. I also like the way it is proportional to the width of the tire. Some stick out too far and that could be dangerous to any walking by. I plan(for now) to attach it through the fender, adding a lip to the outside and bolting through the fiberglass. It will either be sheet metal of stainless. I did a paper cutout and taped it to the fender to see how it looks, and I like it. Now to cut through the fiberglass:stunned:

Bill
Canard10001.jpg

Canard20001.jpg

Bill

Thanks for posting the photos. They give me a very clear guide.

I particularly like the aluminium made units.

I may go this direction.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Bernie

Fran

You have obviously heard about the kangaroo and flying Mustang story.

Took the opportunity to re align all panels and do some minor re painting. The engine bay just followed with a nice little 302 that has all the goodies - but disguised with casting brands etc. machined off everything!!

Painted black and gold looks ok now and original...

Will get some photos on soon.

Do you have any old photos of the car. I have kept all the original paperwork from the States - DMV papers etc.

Bernie

Bill,

those blanks look just like mine....and so does the blue cabinet they are sitting on...wink
There are Lola and GT ones shown there...

Last edited:
Back