RCR Ferrari P-4 has entered the building

Thank you .I really appreciate the complements of the warbirds...

Fran heres the photos of the plastic and carbon fiber 917 induction and fan cover I was talking to you about.. It wasnt much to look at before we enhanced it with our metal plating and to get one made from a sheet aluminum would not have been cost efficient..
Do you have a photo of your part we talked about?

porsmetalplate.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry for not posting any photos sooner but the assemble of the chassis took longer that expected,,, like that never happens :)
We got the chassis back about 4 weeks ago but due to our schedule it wasn't untill a week ago before we could get started installing the body.

The body install was as usually with any replica meaning that getting things to fit sometime means you have to be creative but nothing I have seen or done before. After we meassaged the mounting points a little the gaps looked real good even with out any gaskets. As with all replicas the doors are a challenge but only due to the hinge needing a custom support that had to be fabricated, this transfers the weight of the door to the frame. Once that's installed the doors fit well. Keep in mine that fiberglass doesn't have a memory and after a few day the doors conformed to there new home and look great. I like to get everything to fit good before adding gasket material, then I'll search out the best gasket thickness to get everything nice and flush. Since most of the panels already fit good I don't expect any need to customize the gaskets to get good gaps.
Here's a few photos of where we are as of today.
As you can see my grandson really likes helping work on this Ferrari,

image29.jpg

image30.jpg

image28.jpg

Last edited:
With deepdish knockoff wheels how do you remove them? I've often wondered that - I can't see somebody swinging their lead hammer at the rear rim, lol

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
With deepdish knockoff wheels how do you remove them? I've often wondered that - I can't see somebody swinging their lead hammer at the rear rim, lo

I have pin-drive wheels on my Cobra Daytona Coupe. I have a very large CNC-machined billet "lug" wrench that engages the three-prong spinner knockoffs. A 1" bar goes through a hole at the end of the shaft for leverage. Bought it on ebay, so I have no idea who sells them. No name on it. I always use anti-seize and then safety-wire them on. That way it won't come off when you don't want it to....but it will come off when you do want it to.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Alex, go buy yourself a piece of alum bar stock (soft stuff, not material that is harder than the wing nut) about 2 inches in diameter and 2 1/2 feet long. Then place one end onto the knockoff wing and beat the hammer against the other. This concept can of course be refined but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Back