RCR MK2 Widebody

Hi

I would like to show you some pictures of the most recent activity over here in Europe. This is the Mk2 of a customer of mine. He is on the one side a big fan of the MK2 shape, but on the other side also liked my MK1 widebody conversion. So we went for the way in the middle and started to create a MK2 widebody.

Target was to achieve a design which not on the first sight looks like heavily modified. We tried to find a shape which follows and points out the original lines but also give a much nicer wheelwell fit to modern sized 17" Wheels.

The shape was created basically the same way as i did on mine.
Using PU Foam plates which were glued on the original body , i shaped the design into the first rough layout. Than we covered it with a layer of fiberglass and afterwards did the rest with polyester putty ( with microballons) . I did the basic shape on both sides and Robert ( the owner ) did all the final shaping and sanding until the stage to be ready for pulling the moulds. Which was done last week. Here are some pics of the shape after pulling of the moulds.

The RHD side is shown with the widened Hallibrandstye wheel ( 12,5 x 17", with 315/30/17 Nitto NT01). The LHD side is shown with my FIKSE RACING wheels ( 12 x 17" with 315/30/17 Nitto NT01). THe Fikse have a ´smaller backspace than the Hallibrand thus produing more outward even with the 0,5" smaller rim size. The Hallibrand wheel has been widened from the originial 11" to the desired 12,5".

RHD SIDE:

P1040691.jpg

P1040692.jpg

P1040693.jpg

P1040696.jpg

LHD SIDE
P1040690.jpg

P1040689.jpg

P1040699.jpg

P1040698.jpg

Within the next week we will receive the final panels and do the same cut and paste operation as on my car.

Robert will also intetgrate functional fresh air ducting for the carb.
He also has done the same quick release modification of the rear clip hinges on his original style rear frame (which was manufactured by RCR)

After that car will go to repaint.

Look out for one mean looking MK2

TOM

Tom,

I am always amazed at the quality of work you do. Thank you for sharing. Great looking car, looking forward to seeing it painted up.

Kevin

Car is in final stages of paint prepping

we do have the moulds available now for those flares ( and sill extensions)

finished pics as soon as available

TOM

Back