Rcr mk4

Hi

At my last visit at RCR i found that beautiful piece of machine.
This is a very high quality turnkey build of an RCR MK4.
The detail work going into this build is incredible and shows the abilities of Frans dedicated team.
THe one of aluminum work for the dash is awsome ( unfortunately i forgot to take a pic with the originalstyle switchboard on mounted).
The quality of the paintjob is unbelievable in terms of execution,of colour choice and attention to details like the stripes layout.
The quality was so impressive that the customer of mine who visited RCr with me and who has ordered a RCR MK2 changed is paint layout from a grey / black combo to the very same red/ white combo of the MK4, although he had discussed and negelected a red car with his family ( he has four girls at home all wanting a red car) upfront.
The car also feature RCR Turbine wheels.

PICT3914.jpg

PICT3905.jpg

PICT3906.jpg

PICT3818.jpg

PICT3909.jpg

PICT3817.jpg

PICT3819.jpg

PICT3820.jpg

PICT3910.jpg

PICT3911.jpg

PICT3821.jpg

PICT3822.jpg

PICT3912.jpg

PICT3913.jpg

Happy new year

TOM

That is an absolute STUNNER, incredible, and the way the MK4 should be done.
Thanks for sharing Tom.

Beautiful car Fran.

Those are modular wheels, so the rim portions are not shown. Although I myself have not quite figured out how these centers relate to rim hats relatative to flanges of a conventional modular. Fantastic looking wheels regardless.

Although I myself have not quite figured out how these centers relate to rim hats relatative to flanges of a conventional modular. Fantastic looking wheels regardless.

The rim sections are bolted to the center piece from the backside of it, so the mounting bolts are invisible from the front. This way the width and backspace / offset can be adjusted to the customers desire. In this case the rear wheels are 13x15" and the fronts will be 10x15".

TOM

Have had my heart set on a mark I from Fran. Now I must think about a mark IV! That IV is amazing. Hmm...off to dream some more.

Eric

The rim sections are bolted to the center piece from the backside of it, so the mounting bolts are invisible from the front. This way the width and backspace / offset can be adjusted to the customers desire. In this case the rear wheels are 13x15" and the fronts will be 10x15".

TOM

Fascinating. Does that result in a weaker rim? (as opposed to being a 1 piece)

Fascinating. Does that result in a weaker rim? (as opposed to being a 1 piece)

What ?

Not weaker than any other mutlipiece wheel ( usualy 3 piece , but there are also some two piece wheels). Talking about stabilty. Just look at all this GT Class cars, Usualy heavier than our GT40´s ( a GT3 RS weights about 1250kg). They all run lightweigth multipiece wheels with magnesia centers. They do break but ver rarely and just in case of very severe abuse. The rims are more stable than this pure race rims and the RCR center is made of strong aluminium alloy.

TOM

I've been looking at Superformance and Cav GT40s. I've seen the red MKIV by RCR and it looks absolutely incredible! Help me understand the difference between these three cars so I can make and informed decision before purchase.
Thanks, Alex

I've been looking at Superformance and Cav GT40s. I've seen the red MKIV by RCR and it looks absolutely incredible! Help me understand the difference between these three cars so I can make and informed decision before purchase.
Thanks, Alex

Alex, I say give Fran a call. He will be able to help you with your decision. In my opinion the MK IV and the GT40 are quite different. MK I-GT40 (small block) MK IV (Big Block)

If you want a balanced discussion on the respective merits of those three makes [SPF,CAV,RCR] you might be better to do that on another 'neutral' thread/forum. This being the RCR forum might not be the best to get a balanced answer & goes against the manufacturers agreement to not debate the respective products...however if the MKIV is your flavour of choice then its either here @ RCR or the Kenny Young? cars, which you will be very lucky if there are any still available & even 'luckier' still if your in a position to consider buying one.:)

He, He, apparently according to another member of this forum I made an error in my above post with regard to the name of 'other' MKIV builder, normally I would edit stuff like that, but I cant, so I guess its back to not posting in the RCR forum...again:):)

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
A few more...waiting for tyres..hence the BRM roll around wheels

Attachments

• S7304421_Small.jpg
    S7304421_Small.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 801
  • S7304425_Small.jpg
    S7304425_Small.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 906
  • S7304419_Vga.JPG
    S7304419_Vga.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 818
  • S7304440_Small.jpg
    S7304440_Small.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 907
  • S7304489_Small.jpg
    S7304489_Small.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 642
  • S7304439_Small.jpg
    S7304439_Small.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 759

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Thanks...
the car is going to be on display along with another RCR car at the Detroit Autorama at the end of the month....
It really is a beauty

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
Fran, looks fantastic....You do need to turn on your flash on the camera so the pictures aren't blurry. :)

Back