Rcr mk4

EGLITOM

Hi

At my last visit at RCR i found that beautiful piece of machine.
This is a very high quality turnkey build of an RCR MK4.
The detail work going into this build is incredible and shows the abilities of Frans dedicated team.
THe one of aluminum work for the dash is awsome ( unfortunately i forgot to take a pic with the originalstyle switchboard on mounted).
The quality of the paintjob is unbelievable in terms of execution,of colour choice and attention to details like the stripes layout.
The quality was so impressive that the customer of mine who visited RCr with me and who has ordered a RCR MK2 changed is paint layout from a grey / black combo to the very same red/ white combo of the MK4, although he had discussed and negelected a red car with his family ( he has four girls at home all wanting a red car) upfront.
The car also feature RCR Turbine wheels.

Happy new year

TOM

Mesa

That is an absolute STUNNER, incredible, and the way the MK4 should be done.
Thanks for sharing Tom.

Beautiful car Fran.

Those are modular wheels, so the rim portions are not shown. Although I myself have not quite figured out how these centers relate to rim hats relatative to flanges of a conventional modular. Fantastic looking wheels regardless.

EGLITOM

Although I myself have not quite figured out how these centers relate to rim hats relatative to flanges of a conventional modular. Fantastic looking wheels regardless.
The rim sections are bolted to the center piece from the backside of it, so the mounting bolts are invisible from the front. This way the width and backspace / offset can be adjusted to the customers desire. In this case the rear wheels are 13x15" and the fronts will be 10x15".

TOM

Eric

Have had my heart set on a mark I from Fran. Now I must think about a mark IV! That IV is amazing. Hmm...off to dream some more.

Eric

Alex

The rim sections are bolted to the center piece from the backside of it, so the mounting bolts are invisible from the front. This way the width and backspace / offset can be adjusted to the customers desire. In this case the rear wheels are 13x15" and the fronts will be 10x15".

TOM
Fascinating. Does that result in a weaker rim? (as opposed to being a 1 piece)

EGLITOM

Fascinating. Does that result in a weaker rim? (as opposed to being a 1 piece)
What ?

Not weaker than any other mutlipiece wheel ( usualy 3 piece , but there are also some two piece wheels). Talking about stabilty. Just look at all this GT Class cars, Usualy heavier than our GT40´s ( a GT3 RS weights about 1250kg). They all run lightweigth multipiece wheels with magnesia centers. They do break but ver rarely and just in case of very severe abuse. The rims are more stable than this pure race rims and the RCR center is made of strong aluminium alloy.

TOM

Alex

I've been looking at Superformance and Cav GT40s. I've seen the red MKIV by RCR and it looks absolutely incredible! Help me understand the difference between these three cars so I can make and informed decision before purchase.
Thanks, Alex

I've been looking at Superformance and Cav GT40s. I've seen the red MKIV by RCR and it looks absolutely incredible! Help me understand the difference between these three cars so I can make and informed decision before purchase.
Thanks, Alex
Alex, I say give Fran a call. He will be able to help you with your decision. In my opinion the MK IV and the GT40 are quite different. MK I-GT40 (small block) MK IV (Big Block)

Jac Mac

If you want a balanced discussion on the respective merits of those three makes [SPF,CAV,RCR] you might be better to do that on another 'neutral' thread/forum. This being the RCR forum might not be the best to get a balanced answer & goes against the manufacturers agreement to not debate the respective products...however if the MKIV is your flavour of choice then its either here @ RCR or the Kenny Young? cars, which you will be very lucky if there are any still available & even 'luckier' still if your in a position to consider buying one.:)

Jac Mac

He, He, apparently according to another member of this forum I made an error in my above post with regard to the name of 'other' MKIV builder, normally I would edit stuff like that, but I cant, so I guess its back to not posting in the RCR forum...again:):)