Rcr-p How Sooooooooooon??????

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Holy SMOKES!!!!

That is SWEET!!!!

Now if you can just figure out a way to make the Subie engine sound like something other than an industrial lawnmower...

Price will be in the same range as the rest of the RCR product line and the kit spec will also include the same level of componentry...

Last edited:

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
You're right Fran - I have a work break coming up in early April. That's a ways off but do you think you might have a P-car ready to view by then?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
dlindemann said:
You're right Fran - I have a work break coming up in early April. That's a ways off but do you think you might have a P-car ready to view by then?

Dave - Let me know when you're going.. Maybe we can team up.. Hopefully I'll be picking up an RCR-GT40 around then...

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Big-Foot said:
Dave - Let me know when you're going.. Maybe we can team up.. Hopefully I'll be picking up an RCR-GT40 around then...

Fran - Sorry for the slight thread drift.

Randy, I assume you'll be driving out with a trailer? If so, just let me know your timing and I'll co-drive if you're interested. I was going to fly out to see Fran but a road trip hauling a RCR-40 back would be fun too. My only restriction is it has to be April because I'm booked until then.

Fran, I'd still love to see what you've come up with for the chassis if you have something to show before April. Seeing how fast you work I don't doubt you'll have a completed P-car by then! I'm thinking that an LS6 with a G50 would provide phenominal performance.

Dave

We may well have a V12 powered car as the demo....I am just deciding what powerplant will have more advertising value......same block as the McLaren F1

Howard Jones

Supporter
Fran, your thoughts on a track only version. No lights, carpets, heater, naked jelcoat, anything that doesn't make it go and stop. All lexan windshield/ rear engine cover window version? Liftoff front and rear clips?

Where is the fuel tank located. Can it take a single 10-12 gal cell? I'm thinking 30 min track day sessions.

Front roll over hoop along the top edge of windshield? Full cage? What about running the car without side windows. Will this hurt aero to much? I'm thinking top speeds of about 150-160 at most tracks around here.

Still hooked on turbo rotary idea at about 300-400HP. Intercooler location above motor? Is that what the roof scoop is for?

Any idea of what uprights hubs you will use. 5 bolt wheel pattern is easiest I guess. What about wheel widths? Will it fit 12" rears and 10" fronts? tire heights of about 27 inchs?

Howard,

everything you have listed is almost exactly the way the car is speced as a track car...

There are vents infront of the rear wheels that are deeper than they appear, your IC will function well there...
Alternatively we have planned on having a sheetmetal mesh replacing the rear window to alleviate engine bay heat on the track version..so you could mount it there too.

The roof scoop has a split allowing air into the cockpit and also redirecting to the engine bay ...the position of the scoop aft of the windshield trailing edge is not a super high pressure area due to the deflection of air but there is enough flow to still be useful.

The fuel tanks are mounted behind the seats..ala Daytona Proto.....you could mount a smaller 10 gal. unit there very easily.

All of the RCR-P cars will have a front roll hoop as standard...

Standard wheel package is still Corvette C5 due to the availability and lower cost options.
Bolt on 5 x 4.75 wheels as standard....
Billet uprights following on from the first transverse P car shown at Carlisle in 06.
The new chassis and body package will support upto 17 inch wide rear and 14 inch front rubber should someone desire to do such a thing.

The body does not hinge....it is lift off only....
The rear window will hinge to allow easy access for general checks but the rear clip must be lifted off for any major work...

Hope this helps.....the rest is up to your own imagination.....so keep the ideas coming.

Anything running by mid-march? It's cold, work has been really busy, the home has been really busy... toss me a bone here!

Not running and ready to drive.....
its bloody cold here too......7 deg F without the windchill......bbrrrmmmm..makes misty foggy Ole' England sound more appealing

Back