Rcr-p How Sooooooooooon??????

Using the Subaru engine is a great idea. I like the idea of the 6 even better although ive heard you can get close to 450hp out of the 2.5 without to much trouble, the P car with the 4 or the 6 would be a screamer. I better start collecting cans now!

Sorry guys ...we have been a little busy...
But here are a collection of shots of the P car...these are more than a month or so old...
The first is a photograph showing the plug with the DLO (daylight openings) lines drawn in.....we used this as a tool to play with detail for the new profile side windows and back lite...

Attachments

• RCR_P_side_view_line_drg (Small).JPG
    RCR_P_side_view_line_drg (Small).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 846
This is the same photgraph with surface colour airbrushed and also a rear 3/4 sketch..

Attachments

• RCR_P_side_view___red_revised_persp__1_20_07.jpg
    RCR_P_side_view___red_revised_persp__1_20_07.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 852
  • RCR_P_rear_threequarter_view___taillamps__spoiler.jpg
    RCR_P_rear_threequarter_view___taillamps__spoiler.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
Now these are the real deal....as mentioned these are a month old and the window reliefs/moulds have all been done and as you can see we already have a windshield.
These body panels are now in the moulding process with production panels not far away.....

Attachments

• Jim sunday rcr-p 3 (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 3 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 848
  • Jim sunday rcr-p 4 (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 4 (Small).jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 816
  • Jim sunday rcr-p 5 (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 5 (Small).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 826
  • Jim sunday rcr-p 6 (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 6 (Small).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 814
  • Jim sunday rcr-p 7 (Small) (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 7 (Small) (Small).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 816
  • Jim sunday rcr-p 8 (Small).jpg
    Jim sunday rcr-p 8 (Small).jpg
    27 KB · Views: 806
Last edited:
I'll admit I wasn't blown away by the original P car at Carlisle last year. The chassis impressed me, but the body was, well................. But the new "tweaked" body, YES, I like.

Bruce,

there is not a single part of the body that hasn't had considerable changes .......refinement takes a long time.....some areas have been through 5-6 variations....
The whole roof section has seen some major changes.......There are some orme subtle changes that are not too eveident in these pics but when the body has a gloss finish you can really appreciate all the time and effort that Brad and Mike and myself have put into this project...
We wanted to maintain the Race styling and not soften the shape too much....
Another note is that we are using production DOT/E Mark lights that are World market compliant...

Thanks Fran, I can see many of the subtle changes. And I figured as good as your chassis' are that you would not stop without going for broke on any body style you produce. I'm impressed, and I don't impress easily. Great job. And going with the flat six concept, I like that as well. Very well done. I think you're going to sell them like hot cakes.

OOPS, not that the flat 4, or V8 concept is bad, but you're definitely thinking outside the box, and that's good for the "kit" car, replicar, self assembles supercar biz.

WOW! thats beautiful, huge improvement, the wait was well worth it, what a great track day car that would make, im actually thinking about selling the 348

Craig

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Fran -

Yes, I'm still here....yes, I still have the Esprit (and Europa TCS)....and YES this new RCR-P car REALLY peaks my interest! VERY well done! I particularly like the side view of the red model. I'm curious how you'll handle the area where the door window meets the windshield? Will there be a frame of some sort? Also, will there be some vents at the rear to aid in cooling the engine bay? Being the owner of an early Esprit I'm always concerned about engine cooling! When do you foresee the car being ready for sale? You've really done a fantastic job of fine tuning the shape of the car. I liked the concept of the car before but the body shape (particularly the "dome" shape of the cockpit) didn't do much for me.

As always, best of luck in all you do.

Dave Lindemann

Gents,
Thanks for the positive comments...its a gamble doing a shape that original...we are all happy with the body and cant wait to start manufacturing cars for sale ....we will have a driving demo car prior to the show season,

Dave,
there is a a very thin A pillar much like the GT40, if you look carefully you can see it in the pictures, we have already made all the woulds for the windows etc etc...so we are cranking forward....
There is a large air outlet on the trailing edge of the tail ...just above the rear diffuser...

One point of note is that this car has a much longer wheelbase than a GT40 and is wider than a Gulf flared GT...so its really a fullsize car...similar to a Corvette in size....but much lower with a roof height of 43 inches.....
Regards

Last edited:
Ok Fran, what are you going to call it? The P-43 , The prototypoe-43 , GT43 or just the RCR-43 ??????

Bill,

might just leave it at RCR-P .....my kids have come up with all kinds of names for it but "Barney" and "Mutant Ninja" dont add much panache do they...:D

Back