Rcr-p How Sooooooooooon??????

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Dave - Let's touch base in March and maybe get something coordinated for a trip.

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
gt40fran said:
Alternatively we have planned on having a sheetmetal mesh replacing the rear window to alleviate engine bay heat on the track version..so you could mount it there too.

Fran - This is a great idea (IMHO, of course) and is similar to what Lotus did on the Exige. Anything to help vent engine heat (even after the drive is over) is a good idea as it can help prevent fuel percolation.

Randy - I'll put it on my calendar to check back with you...say early to mid March about a road trip.

Dave

Fran,

You mentioned the MCF1 block for your demo car, do you mean a standard BMW v12 block with some work done to it? Could a twin turbo BMW v12 setup fit? How about twin tubo Chevy LS?

Will the car be safe enough if you crash at the rate of speed these engines could take you to? I am talking about a car with a full cage.

Dan,

Yes a V12 BMW block with mods .
Twin turbo could be made to fit....
Chevy LSx anything no problem....

Is anything ever safe enough????.....car, plane, truck...space shuttle.

We have done our best to design a package as safe as we can but there are always compromises to be met.

wow, can't wait to hear what you get out of that built BMW v12.

undestandable about saftey, I'm sure you guys make a safe structure but it is a race car....

thanks for the input!

Fran,

Are you going to look for a standard m70 block, or the real MCF1 engine of the 850CSi? I'm sure you could make mods to the standard non M-tuned v12 from 750's or 850's but there is a difference between the m70 engine and s70 which was indeed used in the MCF1.

Either way it will rock, just curious!

Dan,
send me your spare one and we will be all set.....:)...

We will be using a production based block initially, so guys like you can replicate it , in your own RCR-P when the time comes

Alain,
you should be too busy working and rebuilding that Capri to worry about a track car this year....besides you still have the Mercedes to keep your hand in...:)

yeah, yeah,,,, I know.....

must've been off my meds last night & let a bit of depression set in & get the best of me.
I shouldn't be allowed to post after 16 hour work days.

I still have the capri to deal with and currently have three cobras in the works at the shop.

I'm just burned out on the benz and am tired of looking at it.
I think it's time to hide it in a corner under a cover at home,,,until someday when it interests me again.

It's also time for me to take a break, as this seven day a week- work your a$$ off schedule, seems to be taking it's toll on me.

I'll try and at least take Sunday off this week end.
I may even try to do some of these strange activites I've been hearing about,,, like eat breakfast, and watch TV.

I remember almost one year ago today, when we spoke & I was starting my biz.
I told you how it would just break my heart if I was bombarded with work,,,,and you told me to -"be careful what you wish for."

Man, do I hate it when you're right, Fran.

....I hear you...

RCR is exceeding my wildest expectations and its a great feeling but its certainly 24/7.
I was speaking with a guy last night and the comment of "doing it to myself" came up.
I agreed but I feel you have to constantly push forward and create your own opportunities...as nobody is going to hand them to you....
Well done on your success......long may it continue.

Getting to be Carlisle time....thought a pic might be nice.

Attachments

• scan0003 (Small).jpg
    scan0003 (Small).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 557
Back