RCR Visit and feedback March 2013

Just got back from an RCR pilgrimage to pick up my SLC. I took a few SLC shots if anybody is interested in seeing the state of their car, attached below. I must say my experience so far has been very smooth, car was delivered in the promised time frame and no surprises.

An exciting development for me was Darin joining RCR as the parts manager, I was able to spend some time with him to ensure I was picking up all parts. He has a full checklist of all kit parts that he works off of and I think he pretty much nailed it. Thanks again Fran and Co, looking forward to the build!

Attachments

• DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    633.1 KB · Views: 565
  • DSC00135.JPG
    DSC00135.JPG
    639.7 KB · Views: 507
  • DSC00136.JPG
    DSC00136.JPG
    611.3 KB · Views: 495
  • DSC00140.JPG
    DSC00140.JPG
    674.4 KB · Views: 736
  • DSC00141.JPG
    DSC00141.JPG
    696.7 KB · Views: 484
  • DSC00147.JPG
    DSC00147.JPG
    662.4 KB · Views: 466
  • DSC00148.JPG
    DSC00148.JPG
    656.9 KB · Views: 523
  • IMAG0158.jpg
    IMAG0158.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 1,375
LMP1 spy shot?

attachment.php

I see it!

Ooooooooh baby!!! I see a D Type!!!!!!!!!

Also note the "Superlite" chassis way up on the shelves. (Oops! It's on a lift.)

Congrats Mark!!! Wow, car #132!!! RCR is rolling these cars out faster and faster!!!

Last edited:
Way to go mark! congrats on your slc, Ours is well on its way and the build has so far, been a piece of cake. Thanks for the pictures I spotted my yellow mk-4 in the background and cant wait for its arrival.......M

I see it!

Ooooooooh baby!!! I see a D Type!!!!!!!!!

Also note the "Superlite" chassis way up on the shelves. (Oops! It's on a lift.)

Congrats Mark!!! Wow, car #132!!! RCR is rolling these cars out faster and faster!!!

Where is the D-Type? In between the lift and the black SL-C?

Is that an SL-C chassis with the 962 bodywork?

Congrats.

BTW: How do you know what car# you have. Been trying to figure that one out since last June....It's not life altering but would be nice to know.

Thanks for the sentiments guys, I'm very excited. My plan is to build a durable open track car that does not need to be trailered. There will be some compromises to accomplish this such as pad and tire compounds. HP will be very conservative since I don't want the liability of any more than I can actually handle at the track, engine will have a dry sump and cooler. Still ironing out the transaxle but I really need a good top gear for all the highway traveling. Interior will be sparse and functional, I went with the race column. Here's a pic, it's a lot of bright blue but I'll be doing a similar treatment as the 01 car to break it up a bit.

Attachments

• DSC00158.JPG
    DSC00158.JPG
    701 KB · Views: 545
I guess the SLC makes any wheel look good. Those are bottom of the barrel stock C5 wheels, affectionately called wagon wheels. I just can't make up mind on wheels so just needed something to get the car home with for now.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Of all the wheels I've seen on these cars, I think those look the best! Are they the proper width? Does have a Porsche look.

Mike, those wheels don't even remotely fit. I caused the RCR guys a lot of grief trying to make them fit somehow. They had to take f&r calipers off. They are 17" and 18", the SLC requires 18/19, some 18s will fit the rear depending on barrel design. The wagon wheels you see in the pic are not desirable at all in the corvette community so you can pick them up almost free and I've never seen an 18/19 reproduction of them but maybe they're out there.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is funny. Maybe what makes them attractive to me is the lack of any offset or dish appearance. Have someone make you some custom wheels that look like those with the correct fitment.

Roll cage, custom fuel cell, suspension ,wheel bearings etc etc....being readied for some serious track use....

As soon as the Penskes arrive its show time...(10-14 days I was told today)

Back