RCRP4 Marc's Sports Prototype

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Carbon Fiber. Oh joy. Good call with the 3M. I need to get some good clear resins for the coating. I just haven't ordered yet. I guess I may try the marine store.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Guys!
Its been hot in Texas and my Garage is suffering for it now. It 104F inside at the end of the day for the past several weeks and more than 10 mins and drenched in sweat. And I am afraid its messing with my build. My clutch has rust spots from dripping all over it.
I have been painting the roll cage and re bolting it down. Running wires and all. the CF dash is looking okay but not ready for pictures as the pores have to be filled and I am still sanding smooth. when its wet now it looks sweet.
FYI I killed the ac requirement with Fran and I am going with ducting, cool suit and helmet for the me to keep me from melting. between the weight and the delay, I think I will be ahead. Besides I traded for some wicked anti-roll bars (you have to salivate more because half is on back order.) The motor is almost done dressing. I need to get some pretty 12point ARPs for the intake stuff. I can use some help with the following.

1. Smaller size high amp alternator 125 amp prefer, hoping half the size of standard unit. I have chrome new one with the 7 rib I can trade+ or just let me know what you have used. I am putting a 31t DeepCycle battery up front. weight balance.

2. anybody have a 6" dry sump setup in their car? I would love to see some ideas on where to locate.

3. Nuclear Winter

4. Let me tell about gaps. This car needs aluminum panels like you would not believe. Thats good but I am blowing brain time on looking at it than working on this or that.

5. When's winter?

6. How good are weather pack connections in a race car environment? What to use for high amp connections? I am still tweaking with what switches i need for the car
a. fuel pump a
b. fuel pump b
c. Ignition
d. Starter
e. rad fans (on-off-auto)
f. lights - guages
g. lowbeams (stalk mounted)
h. high beams
i. signal l r (stalk mounted)
j. brake fans f
k. brake fans r
m.running lights
n. flashing lights
o. Emergency Power shutoff
p. Ejection seat (just checking)
q. regulator return feed (left right) manual push pull
r. power take off (cigarette?)

7. any body know when winter is here?????

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Marc, I think winter here in the Houston area is January 14th....although a couple of years ago it was delayed a bit and was January 18th.

Doug

marc

Lifetime Supporter
The heat is finally let up enough to hit the garage again. Ordered some more cool stuff. ATI super damper for the motor and a East Coast mini alternator. that will whittle down the need to cut up the chassis to fit the alt down in the basement. Clutch is on with a little anxiety. I also got some switch panels for the dash. I think I will finish clear coating it before I think about cutting more holes. May just mount center and below dash. Decided to make the whole dash removable so need to trim the corners up and do aluminum panels.

I know I know Pictures Pictures. I ordered an number of xD cards for my camera since some genius can't find the one he pulled the last time he took pics. I promise more pics as soon as they come in.

1. Smaller size high amp alternator 125 amp prefer, hoping half the size of standard unit. I have chrome new one with the 7 rib I can trade+ or just let me know what you have used. I am putting a 31t DeepCycle battery up front. weight balance.
Deep cycle batteries are what you use on your yacht or RV for the radio,tv etc not so good at starting engines.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
I cooled down so I ventured back into the garage.
Here is some of the stuff I found.

Tom set me up with a hi torq starter with some nice machining work. looks like that will be a winner.

I found ARP makes a porsche bolt kit for the G50 motor preliminary measurements look good.

The LS 7 liked the new ATI Super Damper and pulley to spin the micro alternator.

I also mounted a coil relocation kit to give it a more period correct look.

I like it.

Attachments

• PA070003.jpg
    PA070003.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 356
  • PA070008.jpg
    PA070008.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 376
  • PA070009.jpg
    PA070009.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 342
  • PA070007.jpg
    PA070007.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 346
  • PA070004.jpg
    PA070004.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 388
I'm using the same coil brackets and ATI Damper on my LS7 as well. Not for the period look, more to better see my CF valve covers though.

Looking good Marc!

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Doc,
The damper is race required and I don't need the multi rib belt for just a alt. with the P4 this allows me to not cut up the chassis to fit the motor in as with a larger alt. I had planned on the large battery to make up the power needs for all of the required fans, pumps, efi and the like.

love your SLC nice motor setup.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
How the bleep did this get moved from the build logs. not logging enough build? come on.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Woo Hoo! More Parts!

Okay I will stop working on the my solar array and get back at it.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Holy Crap! I haven't posted anything since two years ago! I have had some lifestyle changes, a heart attack will do that to you. Still been working on the beastie. Thrown some more money at it and got a Jenvey crossram intake for the ls7. Brakelines are in and about done mounting the dash. Still contemplating how I want to run the wires, through the tunnel or in the cockpit. Lots of gaps to fill in to enclose the airflow in the interior. behind the seat will take some thought. Plans for this week are mount the drivers seat, cut the hole for steering rod and complete mounting the dash. Let see if I can meet this schedule. I do want to put that crossram on the motor to see how it looks.

Good to hear from you Marc. Glad you are well. It sounds like you've been through the mill.

And yes. PICTURES. Please

Back