RCRP4 Marc's Sports Prototype

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Guess what came in the mail? Jenvey ITB for the LS7!

Attachments

• DSC00119.JPG
    DSC00119.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 2,152

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
That engine looks fabulous!!! Love the cross ram style ITBs....

Question from the uninitiated. . . .

I'm used to an air filter attached to an intake tube feeding the throttle body, like on a standard LS3. Where is filtration on a setup like this? What stops big or little bits of stuff from getting sucked in there?

I'm used to an air filter attached to an intake tube feeding the throttle body, like on a standard LS3. Where is filtration on a setup like this? What stops big or little bits of stuff from getting sucked in there?

I suspect anything smaller than a large robbin will just get chewed up and spit out.:thumbsup:

Looks tough.

Seconded. Also, will something like this engine fit in the SLC (sorry for minor hijack)?

In all seriousness, Marc will have to answer this for himself.

I would assume he'll be using "tea-strainer" type slip-on filters over the individual intakes...ala what is frequently used on Webers etc.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Guys,
Come on, Of course there are old socks for the stacks (they did send some nice ones with the kit). But do you want to see the filters or the cool CF and ITBs!

I will be setting the motor soon. (This is a one man show so it takes me a little longer). I can't lift them like I use to. Have to reposition my roll around to handle the weight. I guess I'll take it outside and do some pics during the drop in.

I only get to work on the car on weekends so its been a looong road. Fran said to keep at it so its still humping along. I have too many cars to work on right now. My Caddy is still getting finished up (let my brother drive it and he threw the balancer) and my wife thought her Hummer could push over a light pole backing up without a scratch (wrong!) I need an assistant. Too bad no budget for that.

there are different types of filters - mesh screens will stop big stuff for do dick all for the small particles tat will trash your engine. There are socks, but they kill flow (and can get sucked into the throttle bodies :shocked: ). Then there are plenums - Jenvey makes them - but the problem is, if the plenums arn't designed properly you'll loose massive hp (seen losses as high as 100hp on LS strokers) so the ITBs will be less effective than an oem intake manifold.

Awesome for throttle response, but you better be willing to take the headaches with them (filtration and tuning)

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Here's the other side with the exhaust in place. Need to relocate coils more to the center as they do hit the exhaust in the wrong place.

Alex here is the filter they sent. looks adequate rather suck in the little birdies and bugs just not the stones and grit that get tossed around in there.

Thats where a Turbo works out, like an Insinkerator, you know garbage disposal, grinds it all up before it gets blown in. Those headers are the perfect setup for a TT. MUU HA HA HA HA!

Attachments

• f m 1.jpg
    f m 1.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Motor is in the car! Lazy me, pulled the itb off to mount now need to tap each runner for a common MAP sensor. I will try and hide underneath with red fuel line tubing. Have the dash down. Looking at how to mount the fans on the rad. Those stupid plastic through the fins are crap. Think a small bit of aluminum sheet and bender will help out.
Fran the cutout's where the body covers the fuel tanks at the front. Should I be fitting them or sheet metal (aluminum) to contain the interior?

Back