RCR's new car..962

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
But then maybe I'm just over generalizing. Ahh ... but the Tullius V12 Jaguar GTP car at Laguna..... music to MY ears.
Posted by Mesa

Rob, I'm with you, in 1971 I got to hear Chris Amon in the V-12 Matra, a life changing sound!!!

First I would like to say Greetings to every one on the GT40 Forum.
My name is Perry and I am a car enthusiast/fabricator/engine builder.

Fran it was nice speaking with you the other day about my choices for a high HP trans-axle. I was planning to purchase a SL-C coupe very soon and I saw this thread.

Fran I have to say, this 962 replica you made is the "bomb".
If you need at least 5 to get a DOT windshield made, you can put me down for one so that's four more.

The 962 has been my favorite car and my Windows desktop background for a long time.

This particular image:

Dauer 962 LeMans Car Pictures and Wallpapers [519]

GM V8's, especially LS motors can be made to sound incredible. They are already proven as far as power and reliability is concerned. Plus you can't beat the $$ per HP.

Here is my 920HP Vette with pump gas and a LS402 I built with 15psi.

YouTube - DPE corvettes.com - Supercharged corvette C6 vert 920hp

The Vette weighs in at 3550 lbs.
Imagine this sound/power in the 2300 lb. 962 or the SL-C Fran designed with the boost bumped up to 21psi @ 1200 HP on 93 pump gas.

I'm building a Billet LS427 capable of 8500rpm and 2500HP for my SL-C unless we get enough people together to have a DOT windshield made for Fran's 962 Kit.

Here are my parts for the motor ?
They are in my dining room !! Can you tell I'm single ? LOL

I wouldnt worry too much that a DOT WS will not get made for that car. By the time you are actually ready to install the windshield there will be a good number of these 962s sold. I would bet there will be plenty of owners that want a DOT glass by the time you'll need one.

OMG!!!
I just watched your Corvette vid....That frikken car is VIOLENT. And the sound - is NASTY. That is one wild ride.

First I would like to say Greetings to every one on the GT40 Forum.
My name is Perry and I am a car enthusiast/fabricator/engine builder.

GM V8's, especially LS motors can be made to sound incredible. They are already proven as far as power and reliability is concerned. Plus you can't beat the $$ per HP.

Here is my 920HP Vette with pump gas and a LS402 I built with 15psi.

YouTube - DPE corvettes.com - Supercharged corvette C6 vert 920hp

The Vette weighs in at 3550 lbs.
Imagine this sound/power in the 2300 lb. 962 or the SL-C Fran designed with the boost bumped up to 21psi @ 1200 HP on 93 pump gas.

I'm building a Billet LS427 capable of 8500rpm and 2500HP for my SL-C unless we get enough people together to have a DOT windshield made for Fran's 962 Kit.

I saw the video and.. wow! That engine seems to make a ton of torque. Do you have a dyno sheet of this engine? I would love to see what the curve looks like. I was under the impression that those centrifugal type superchargers could be very peaky like turbos, but this doesn't seem that way.

I saw the video and.. wow! That engine seems to make a ton of torque.

Perry's video is pretty wild, but I don't think that particular video highlights torque. Look at the rpm when he hits the gas - it's up pretty high already.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if it's making nearly 600lb/ft by 3000rpm on an engine dyno.

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Just a note related to the previous windshield considerations. Don't ignore the wiper arm and blade! That windshield has an excessive curvature, and will require a special wiper blade to make the curve, but avoid a collapse that scratches the glass. A similar problem surfaced on the Ultima GTR which reqired an excellent-engineered aftermarket replacement. I have never actually used mine, as I don't drive mine in the rain, but it it makes it legal, and it seems like a real issue on that type of windscreen.
David

I drive FLAT OUT...all the time. It's how I drive. I hate when those driving anything other than exotic one-offs like mine clog the line and I'm forced to hold back my multi-hundred thousand dollar machine, because it's built to be driven FLAT OUT. The track is meant to be taken FLAT OUT in a fine machine like mine, because that's what it was built for...expensive, rare, collector exotics to be driven FLAT OUT by people who know how to drive. Like me. If that means I must drive in the rain, at night, so much the better, as I can show off my finely honed driving skills to mere mortals...FLAT OUT.

David,

You don't drive that Ultima FLAT OUT..over 200 MPH, at night..in the rain?

RM

FLAT OUT -
The question is....did you convince the track day instuctor to move you to "the fastest run group"?

Of course not, he is a track-nazi, prancing about with his souped up Miata that has a V8 and turbocharger, carbon-fiber F1 brakes and ground effect aerodynamic aids to stay stuck on the bumper of my uber-exotic 1 of 4 Porsche GT3R...I think he is jealous because I didn't offer him any Fiji water in my custom track-day car-hauler/race quarters...

FLAT OUT -
The question is....did you convince the track day instuctor to move you to "the fastest run group"?

I drive FLAT OUT...all the time. It's how I drive. I hate when those driving anything other than exotic one-offs like mine clog the line and I'm forced to hold back my multi-hundred thousand dollar machine, because it's built to be driven FLAT OUT. The track is meant to be taken FLAT OUT in a fine machine like mine, because that's what it was built for...expensive, rare, collector exotics to be driven FLAT OUT by people who know how to drive. Like me. If that means I must drive in the rain, at night, so much the better, as I can show off my finely honed driving skills to mere mortals...FLAT OUT.

"I don't care what you've done on your Play Station or Xbox. There's no way I'm gonna let you shake hands with a guardrail at a buck seventy five so your car can be opened up like a tray of JIFFY POP!"

I love that part...:) Hopefully you guys clicked on the sequel? It's even better.

"I don't care what you've done on your Play Station or Xbox. There's no way I'm gonna let you shake hands with a guardrail at a buck seventy five so your car can be opened up like a tray of JIFFY POP!"

I love that part...:) Hopefully you guys clicked on the sequel? It's even better.

Where does one find these videos? Sounds like fun, but I think I'm missing the important bits.

Back