RCR's Next car should be.....

Nick Mason driving his replica....cool
I saw that car at Goodwood a couple of years ago...I can see why you need Masons money to build it...details were superb.

EFA...its not Masons..its Audis

Last edited:
In reading the article that Fran links, it appears that Nick was comissioned to drive the car at its first public outing, the event that year at Goodwood. It implies that ownership is retained by Audi...That article, written back in 2008., states [paraphrased that the car seen with Nick driving was built 'with some original parts' with the express intent of it being used as a promotional vehicle, to replace the earlier reconstruction car that is being relegated to factory museum duty. In the museum it will not be exposed to the risk of damage or loss as a car on tour would be. Presuamably the earlier car has more original parts and is considered to be of considerably higher 'authentic' value.

Wonderful that Audi have invested the funds necessary in building the 2 reconstruction/replicas of such a historic car...

Well, I think Fran has a pretty amazing choice already. My absolute favourites are already covered. GT40, P4, 917 and XJ13. There's only one missing. 250LM anyone?

1965-Ferrari-250LM.jpg

If there is another body shape that deserves a decent outing, all be it with no pedigree of racing, it's the Alfa 33 Stradale.

alfa33.jpg

For pure race machines, I also like the idea of the Auto Union, but would the V16 be a bit difficult to source??? And that is the essence of the car in my view. what about this? One has already been made by Chris Rea. No originals exist!

121-2160-img-1.jpg

Well, I think Fran has a pretty amazing choice already. My absolute favourites are already covered. GT40, P4, 917 and XJ13. There's only one missing. 250LM anyone?=QUOTE]

I agree, these are the cream of that era. I covet the notion of having all of them! but then, I'm certified car crazy!, so one should expect that of me...As business improves and we are once again able to consider a project car, it is going to be hell to settle on which one...It will likely end up being the P4, but I have strong passions about the GT40, the Lola T-70 variations, especially the spyder and the 917 as well. I saw all these original cars race in their time, and got permanently hooked oh so many decades ago.

BDP

CURRENTLY BANNED
If you are looking at possibly doing a Front Engined car then I would nominate the Maserati Birdcage again! :drunk: This time the original front engined car:

stunning-1960-maserati-birdcage-up-for-grabs-at-rm-monaco.jpg

As for another mid engined car how about the Jaguar XJR-15?

car1.jpg

You could throw a Jaguar V-12 in the back just like the orginal!:thumbsup:

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I wonder why the Birdcage hasn't been done before. Evocative, rare, priceless. I know a number of enthusiast that idolize the car.

3 seat SLC already being built as we speak. As far as a trunk goes search the build threads you will find pics of an SL-C with a "HOOD" with what seems to be a small amount of cargo space. It is a custom one of from one of the members / owners but it is being done.

3 seat SLC already being built as we speak. As far as a trunk goes search the build threads you will find pics of an SL-C with a "HOOD" with what seems to be a small amount of cargo space. It is a custom one of from one of the members / owners but it is being done.

I know, I saw it when I picked up my SLC. I am hoping Fran made a jig and offers it as a kit going forward. ;)

Rob Mesa's car SL-C 001. Rob has done a fantastic job on this.

Rob is amazing with fiberglass. I hear you are doing a lot of mods too. I am looking forward to seeing your SLC.

908 Spider.

Perfect if you want to make a pure race car. Gorgeous... using a flat 6 porsche engine is easy and not horrid expensive and with all the p-car friendly track events and such should be a good market.

Terry

Back