RCR's Next car should be.....

Have any of you seen the newer TVR Tuscan? I was in Scotland last week and saw one. That is a beautiful car that needs to come to this side of the pond.

Steve

I was able to find a picture of the TVR.

Attachments

• 204243599_396108390b.jpg
    204243599_396108390b.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,084

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Now there is an interesting story behind TVR.......a few guys on here know what I am mean....:D

You mean the fact that the company was purchased by a 26 year old Russian ruble billionaire and then sold again like 5 years later? Or is there another one...

Now there is an interesting story behind TVR.......a few guys on here know what I am mean....:D

No , Frans probably thinking of the Topless Models they used to have adorn & enhance the cars at Earls Court each year!! Mind you he would have been a wee lad back then & shouldnt have been lookin!

Jac Mac

You mean the fact that the company was purchased by a 26 year old Russian ruble billionaire and then sold again like 5 years later? Or is there another one...

Thats only the beginning.......owned by floridians now. We can wish them luck in federalizing and certifying the cars.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Could do that easily as Kip Ewing (designer) is a friend....
But do you really think the original lines would look good as a retro rod roadster??...

I love the flexibility/inguinuity of the 4 different settings of the GTX1. The Gt40 Mark I has amazing looks that is hard to equal. I guess I'll have to buy both from you if you offer it :). Living in Mexico the roadster version would be hard to pass up if given a choice. Keep up the good work, RCR is incredible.

Theon Karabatsos

The 2J is an awesome automobile, but my favorite would have to be the 2F...

l_e7ce4a8d05034eb075f31dd684aea726.jpg

But it's a small car, my 6'2" ass probably wouldn't fit too comfortably in that thing...

l_f8b244069c743830afe83842062af806.jpg

Well maybe...
FRAN!! Build one of these!!! LS7 Chevy engine with the T56 transaxle from the C6 Corvette would make this thing rockonsmile

You guys do realize that we're plugging (I guess that's a play on words) along on our 2D Coupe. We took that project over a year and a half ago. Right before it went into production I realized I couldn't put it out there without correct some mistakes in the body lines. The week after the Holidays I came in on a Saturday and cut the prototype all back apart. We managed to get the "plug" all done before our season exploded. Then it had to go to the corner. Good news is it's front and center again and the last tweeks are happening, shape of the headlights, door seals etc. and we will be pulling the new molds soon.
I contacted Mr Hall about this before I took it on. He was gracious with me but just made it clear he wouldn't tolerate it being called Chaparral. This project came with the domain name "Chaparral2D" and I surrendered that to him.
Stay tuned The Active Power 2D Coupe is coming together and it is really something.
Chris
Historic Race Car Reproductions

Attachments

• 2db.jpg
    2db.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 928
  • 2d.jpg
    2d.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,112
  • 2dplug.jpg
    2dplug.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 963
  • 2dplugr.jpg
    2dplugr.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 915

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Looking good Chris.....keep at it!! ..

Why not start a 2D thread as I am sure many people miss the Re: RCR's Next car should be..... thread ..and its a good looking car that deserves to be noticed..

Mclaren M6 GT...been done...But never done well...

Attachments

• m6gt1.jpg
    m6gt1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 789
  • 69 m6gt.jpg
    69 m6gt.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 783
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 923
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 781
And of course the Mclaren M6..in several forms...all great.

Good match to the T70 Spyder...eh?

Attachments

• m6a.jpg
    m6a.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 737
  • m62.jpg
    m62.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 750
  • m63.jpg
    m63.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 739
  • 67m6b b.jpg
    67m6b b.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 732
Looking good Chris.....keep at it!! ..

Why not start a 2D thread as I am sure many people miss the Re: RCR's Next car should be..... thread ..and its a good looking car that deserves to be noticed..

Hey Thanks Fran,
I can not wait to get this done.
Chris

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Matich SR3 (IMHO, the Matich SR series were some of the most beautiful sports-racers ever built).

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Attachments

• Matich.jpg
    Matich.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 786

Howard Jones

Supporter
How about a 300SL. Front engine would make it easy to power up with a modern Merk powertrain. The doors would sell it I think.

Back