RCR's Next car should be.....

ihihih...nice to see other friends like the ones I suggest Fran!.
959 can be a cool conversion from old now cheap 911s...but also the 935 Moby dic will be a real Rac Car replica;)

Attachments

• Porsche_935.jpg
    Porsche_935.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 888
I agree with Paolo that the 935 is one of the best and sexiest looking cars ever built.

Fran if you build a 935 style kit (pictured above) for the 911 I would buy one.

Rich.

BTW, per our PM's I went to the Monterey historics and you're absolutely correct about the Chevron B16. They're so small you practically wear'em like clothing. Neat car though, still very beautiful but not a car to take on a trip.

I'm serious about the body kit though.......

Rich.

I actually want a 935/Kremer for myself .....I have had lots of Porsches and currently dont have one....

I dont make bodykits so I am shopping ( in my dreams) like everyone else....

Actually, there are a number of companies that make the parts to do 935 conversions, quite common actually...try AIR or GT Racing. Both have a web presence. As for the 959, I've seen it, but don't think its quite so common. The "in" thing now days with early 911s ('69 to 73) is to build an RS or RSR replica (often with a modern drivetrain....) MUCH FASTER than the originals ever dreamed of. I'm a Porsche guy at heart, but occasionally I like to slum with the Cobra and GT40 guys :).

I have a pal in the UK that works on a pair of original 959's (owned by one guy)...in fact the Burgundy one is one of the prototypes from Porsche.
He replaced the turbos and rebuilt the engine last year....NOT cheap...

I purchased parts from AIR years ago for my 73 rs rep. and they were lacking in fit and quality and they were expensive...but I may have just been unlucky...

Pat Buckley

GT40s Supporter
Those P cars can get pricey to repair....I have a copy of a repair order for a Carrera GT for repair of an oil leak. $105,000 !

Going a slightly different route, the Sunbeam Tiger would be a fun one to revive. Maybe a refreshed Karman Ghia?

Fist time caller longtime listener here. What are your honest feelings on the Ferrari 250 LM Fran. TIA

With the current attitude of Lamborghini on the replica world ..tempting fate with the Italian F marque maybe a foolish thing to do.

I recently heard on the replica grapevine that a couple of the larger USA Lambo replica companies were sent Cand D letters and basically put out of business....

I think if you were to build replicas of any type where the originators attitude to your work was in doubt there'd be a need add a 'Lawyer Levey'. Particularly if the originator was known to be touchy on the subject, and one look at F1 will let you know F... has as many lawyers as engineers.

P... on the other hand seem quite tolerant, why you'd want to do anything other than one of their LMP (of any era) machines is beyond me though.

RCR's Next car should be.....

A pimped out Escalade rolling on 24" spinners and a bunch of screens in the back.

We may not like it but the Hall clan I'm sure would be happy. ;)

P... on the other hand seem quite tolerant, why you'd want to do anything other than one of their LMP (of any era) machines is beyond me though.
. ;)

Just suspect Stuttgart guys are watching what others do.
Dont really think they are so better than Modena fellows (lawers are the same everywhere..they do their job..).
Even more if we start seriously touch and replicate the greatest and only really sportive car producer of the country doing todays bestseller cars worldwide.

Wonder:Ferrari is an unique group (Fiat autoveicoli) but..nobody blaimes for Hawks Lancia too nice and perfect replicas or Birdcage ispired cars, or old Alfa replicars..;)

Not sure whether the legal department from the Porsche folks here in Stuttgart would handle the IPR-issues the same way Ferrari does.

But there is one thing for sure: They (quite rightly) wouldn`t put up with everything.
Fran and all the other manufacturers would never dare to sell a finished car with a Porsche badge on its nose, not even upon customer´s request. And why should they if it´s then each customer´s own decision to do so.

I was once given access to the Porsche archieves. Press articles, manuals and stuff like that can be researched quite easily. But all the original blueprints and parts lists are locked away behind steel doors.

There is one of those sitting in the shop....I bought it from Napiersport in the UK....I bought a 164 Alfa as a donor and it has sat collecting dust for a couple of years...

I am looking at different powerplants as the Alfa may be Italian but its a big heavy beastie with almost zero tuning parts in the USA...at reasonable cost....and if I run across a Dino engine it will go in my '58 F1 car not the Stratos

I have been thinking of a modern 4 or V6 from a domestic.....I know herecy but I want to build it to drive....not just look at.

I offered it for sale last year due top lack of time and it was under the cost of a new kit form the UK...no serious takers...
so as cool as it is , I am keeping it to build on a rainy day...

but it also shows how fickle the market is....cool car, huge following ..no buyers...bad business model....:confused:

Last edited:
Hey Fran,
Richard Jemson knows quite a bit about making the Alfa V-6 go fast. He won the SCCA GT2 class with one in the 90's. His site is here RJR Racing specializes in Alfa Romeo Automobiles

Greg also makes a bolt on supercharger kit. Supercharger Kit

You could also go with the Alfa 2.0l twinspark. We turbocharged one and acheived 550 rear wheel hp on our Bonneville Salt Flats duetto. I belive they came in the euro 164 model. It is a better motor to tune IMHO.

Andy

Back