RCR's Next car should be.....

More talk of electric - wasn't there a comment of an e-40 for (I think) Robertson racing, although I can't find much... ??

Anyway here is another 'next project for RCR' : Capstone MicroTurbine - In The News
not the car, obviously, but the powertrain - should fit most existing RCR's nicely, and give you an EV with some range.

but still, it would be nice to be able to put it in something like this:
moz-screenshot.png
attachment.php

Fran did say something about 'not worth the trouble' ... not sure if that was technical or legal trouble....:cry:

Attachments

• 1997.jpg
    1997.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,506
You'd get even more range at a lot less expense by just using a small gasoline or diesel piston-driven engine. That microturbine project is paying a very high premium just for the gee-whiz factor and to get sexy noises out of the machine.

Hi Fran,

ever thought about an open version of your existing 917 like in the pic? (much nicer than the last 917 Can-Am-Spyder!)

best regards, Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_1671.jpg
    IMG_1671.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 349
I know the guy who owns moulds taken from an original PA. But he is asking insanly high dollars ( 85.000 $ US) for a body out of them. He has probably seen too much californian sun.

TOM

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I think a Panoz GT1 would be awesome. Front engine, rear drive, and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Fran seems to have all the right connections, can you get a body mold for this thing?

87808703.2Chedui6.jpg

Panoz_GT1_mauve1.jpg

Panoz_GT1_jaune1.jpg

I think it'd be an awesome street car!!

Brian Hamilton

Brian, we all know that you REALLY want an all carbon bodied SL-C...
or is that an SL-CC?

Yes, you are completely right. Just need the money. Wanna hook a broke brotha up? LOL Just imagine how that thing would look with the body polished up and all the CF exposed... Mmmmmm, makes me drool...

Brian Hamilton

I swear to God, if I was a billionaire, you guys would see the coolest most insane car collection ever. I don't think I'd have any "normal" cars in the stable. I'm going to start another thread on this in the Paddock... LOL

It's called 908 Bergspyder, a very lightweith version of the 908 especially for 'hillraces' should be not that difficult to build up due to the few parts needed - but where can a car like this be driven besides the track...

no offense,but here's my vote for the next RCR project ... It is also my understanding that thislittle car and its designer were very instumental in the development of the GT 40. hence my vote ...

okay trying this again......sorry

Attachments

• bumper 1.jpg
    bumper 1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 267
  • bumper 2.jpg
    bumper 2.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 279
  • bumper 3.jpg
    bumper 3.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 296
Back