RCR's Next car should be.....

It is a beautiful creation to be treasured! Mr. G (as you have referred to) likely would not take kindly to a clone of his P4/5. As nice as it could be, it'll never happen. Is IS the only one in the world, rolling art really. Jim and Pinninfarina created the Uber car!

BTW, I simply LOVE this car. There are many video's on you-tube, do a search.

turboengine.jpg plenty of power ... light and compact .... what more could you as for???

OK people, sorry to take this back a bit, BUT, I would really like to see an answer to post #810 re the open SL-C.
I am drooling/planning/saving for a RCR70 spyder but I am astounded as to how bloody fantastic an open SL-C looks. This may be an alternative?????
Is it an option Fran? More piccies pls, pls, pls, pls, etc.

If Fran built an open / convertable / Targa SLC than I am sure that some on here would be shifting funds around around in a hurry :thumbsup: .

In all honesty I would prefer a Targa (car might and that's a big might see the track once a month)but since that is not an option as of yet (although it might be by the time I pull the trigger later this year) coupe it will be for me.

while we're dreaming ... how about a carbon fiber chassis with a
Hartley V8 for power??
Or zytec V8 problem is those engines are very expensive and do not have a long life I believe?

This Ginetta G50 uses also such Zytec V8 (and many other race cars)

P1010456small.jpg

I did a quick search through a classic car book and found some special cars...

like those...

the Thurner RS (only a few are made about 121 or so Germany)

3225224208_293770925c.jpg

the_big_lebowski_1141858012_25.jpg

002Thurner.jpg

looks also a bit like the Melkert RS1000

Abart OT

200812120253_img335341.jpg

ot1300_4.jpg

873543.jpg

I passed up a Vallenunga body (no glass or plexi) & rusted out chassis
(no engine/gearbox) a couple of years ago. No glass, body broken, etc. Should have bought it! It was about $1500.00 If I remember correctly.

the book says between 50<>60 cars are produced between 1964<>1966 but I also saw somthing 1962? (de Tomaso's first productioncar car?) and has a GRP? (plastic) body.

pretty rare...and pretty expensive I guess for a good example.

gast070c.jpg

did those only came with 4 cill? normaly the Tomaso uses V8

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
did those only came with 4 cill? normaly the Tomaso uses V8

I think early ones used various engines, that is a Cortina (Kent 1500/1600?), the Cortina experts will know more. Same engine that launched another tuner/maker, Lotus/Chapman. I think the era of the Mangusta was when the V8 became what they were known for. Prior to that they were mainly a European seller and V8s don't have as broad an appeal as they do elsewhere.

for anyone interested: [SIZE=-1]Model[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]De Tomaso Vallelunga
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Year of production
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]1965-67[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]No. produced
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]58 units
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Layout, Gearbox[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Mid-engined, Rwd, 5M
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Engine[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Inline-4, ohv, 2v/cyl
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Capacity[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]1498 cc[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Power[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]104 hp
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Torque[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]N/A
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Weight[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]700 kg[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Top speed[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]112 mph (c)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]0-60 mph[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]N/A
[/SIZE]

Back