RCR's Next car should be.....

The new vette looks like barf. To tall, way tighter interior but the interior quality does look better. Zero distinctive styling. It looks like a cheaper 2 door econo sports car. I think when you build your flagship super car it might as well have some flash factor.

2014 Chevy Corvette Stingray | Corvette C7 | Chevrolet

"WE WANT SOMETHING NEW FOR THE C7!"

"THE C7 IS UGLY!"

Get with the times and the winds of change people. The new Corvette looks nothing like a Camaro save for the having 'square' tail lights. The new Corvette is a very good looking car and whilst the interior *still* may not be up to certain standards, it IS SIGNIFICANTLY better than what it used to be.

Apart from the C6 ZR1, the Corvette is for the first time now starting to be taken seriously as a SUPERCAR to it's competitors which is what GM NEEDS.

And please, for the love of all things holy, NO LUMPY CAMS IN A CORVETTE ANY MORE. Save those for other things but *really*, not in the Corvette, not any more if you want people to take it seriously.

No lumpy cams?....Oh fer cripes sake Ben, no more WHILST then either! See that 'Merican flag under your name? Time that speech impediment went the way of the dodo and lumpy cams.....You should be saying "Yall" by now anyway. Slow learners, sheese... :clown:

:D

I'm trying to fix the English language in America one person at a time ;)

Nah, honestly, I'm all for integrating into the US, I love it here however, not everything should be adopted and lumpy cams on what's supposed to be a serious supercar, just....just no :(

I like the front end. The ass is definitely Camaro, not just lights but the curve of the rear quarter too. Cheapens it IMO.

I would love to build an Apex that looks much better!

That second pic reminds me of the side profile of the SLC in a way.

Looks are a subjective thing. I myself do not like women who are big boned Russian wrestlers with hairy faces, to me that is what the new Vette embodies.

Now this would have been better.
http://www.motortopia.com/files/104...67/corvette_centennial_concept_chicago_10.jpg

And something like this even better yet.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tKwGR6t_K...012-Corvette-Daytona-Prototype-Carscoop13.jpg

Looks are a subjective thing. I myself do not like women who are big boned Russian wrestlers with hairy faces, to me that is what the new Vette embodies.

Now this would have been better.
http://www.motortopia.com/files/104...67/corvette_centennial_concept_chicago_10.jpg

And something like this even better yet.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tKwGR6t_K...012-Corvette-Daytona-Prototype-Carscoop13.jpg

To a point however, you can still design something that will appeal to most people, the rest IS subjective.

This Corvette WILL appeal to most people and that's the key if they want it to sell WELL which GM needs. They also need to make it officially available in Europe and it will sell like hot cakes.

Change is, for the most part, good. This is a good change for the Corvette, I'm a (relatively) young person who, if it wasn't for the strong desire to build, not buy and a strong hatred for dealerships, would otherwise be right now inside a Chevy dealership considering a purchase of the new C7 which again, is what GM desperately needs.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Okay... Back on topic since I doubt RCR would create a replica of the new Corvette...

Revenge Verde anyone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 409
I dunno if I'm becoming blinded by lust or what, but I'm starting to see all of these as replicas of the Apex! :laugh::drunk:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
So Fran, how do you REALLY feel about the Verde? :laugh:

I dunno if I'm becoming blinded by lust or what, but I'm starting to see all of these as replicas of the Apex! :laugh::drunk:

Careful now or you'll be sportin' a billet chubby!!!! :stunned:

Wow... it's amazing to see where some of these snakes end up, Peter Collorafi is not someone I would do business with, nor many Australians.

Apparently, they auctioned it at Barret last night and took about 1.85 mil for it.

Speaking of Barret-Jackson.... I watched it yesterday for about an hour - I got sooooo tired of seeing another Mustang or old Corvette across the block, I had to turn it. I used to be a big fan of Mustangs also. It's kind of like hearing a good song on the radio..... then they play it ad nauseam and eventually you can't listen to it anymore. Oh well.

After seeing the C7 last night on the BJ telecast (I record all so I can FF through the thousands of Mustangs and Camaros). I have to say it looks better in a dynamic environment over still pictures I have seen up to this point (as many cars do). Look forward to seeing one motoring down the road, my guess is that I will like it.

I think ol' George Barris can finally retire now as Batmobile #1 sold for 4+ million dollars. Wow. Just Wow. Some guys must have been really hooked on that show as kids!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
After seeing the C7 last night on the BJ telecast (I record all so I can FF through the thousands of Mustangs and Camaros). I have to say it looks better in a dynamic environment over still pictures I have seen up to this point (as many cars do). Look forward to seeing one motoring down the road, my guess is that I will like it.

I think ol' George Barris can finally retire now as Batmobile #1 sold for 4+ million dollars. Wow. Just Wow. Some guys must have been really hooked on that show as kids!

Huge Barris and Batmobile fan here.. Sold for 4.2m plus buyers premium..

Here's a picture of me and my friend George a couple of years ago when he visited the World of Wheels show in St. Paul MN.

IMG_0788.jpg

Back