RCR's Next car should be.....

However, the ECOBOOST badge on the engine needs to go. That is an embarrassing badge for this car. the old fashioned "Powered by FORD" would be more appropriate.
I think it's a clever marketing ploy on Ford's end. It's hard to hate on ecoboosts in their other performance cars when the new GT has one.

The new NSX is ugly, boring, busy, and it hasn't even started production yet. That car is going to be a flop.
I agree in some regards. I'm not sure who would buy one over the alternatives. It also leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth considering they launched the concept like 10 years ago.
I personally have 0 interest in ever owning one. That being said, it's got some seriously cool technology. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 550 hp with the same awd electric technology used in the hypercars for 150k is something that hasn't been done before. They're saying it's a 458 fighter (pre 458t variant) so it's no slouch.

0-554682579392405504.jpg

You need to see a more detailed pic of the tail lights. They are awesome.

I still have mixed feelings about this car. It's probably awesome in person.

I saw some close-ups after posting that, and I agree that it does look a little better than I originally thought. Definitely not cheap, so I take back that statement.

That being said, they should look cool/unique from far away too. The P1 and 918 clearly look unique, even from a distance. I feel like there could have just been a little bit more on the tail lights than a simple circle.

By no means a big complaint. The overall car I think is stunning.

This is the moist awesome thing I have ever seen.
attachment.php

Even better than the
Ferrari P4/5 by Pininfarina,​
Koenigsegg CCX. The SLC is obviously awesome but does not have this cars je ne sais quoi. This example has all the race car vibe with just enough gentleman mixed in. People say you need a track car or a street car and generally they look split along those lines. Well I beg to differ in my opinion of course this example is a perfect mix and balance of what seems not not exist in the market place. Again all my opinion subjectivity is varied I stipulate that.

At the same price as the SLC, it appeals to a wider audience, expect lots backlog.

When can I get it? :)

Porsche 910 nose connected to a lot of ugly

I am quite sure that the new Ford GT is designed not so much as limited production sports car with universal appeal, but as a fully "homologated limited production sports car that can compete in LeMans as a varient of GT production based car class. It would be the first production sports car to be entered that would have aero characteristic more like those found on the pure race car "prototype" classes. Look at the Corvette, the Ferrari, the Viper, ..they are full body with non of the major cutaways and narrow cockpit we see in the new GT. They will all be at a disadvantage punching a hole in th air, and producing down force, just due to the sheer size and nature of the solid envelope they represent. As far the Eco-Boost...its just a name..they run Eco-Boost branded Ford racing engines in the American LeMans series....I got an ear full of it during the 16 or so hours of TV coverage of the recently completed Daytona 24 endurance race. Just my opinion....

Please,.. no more new Ford GT stuff... Or at least use a proper thread for it.

I still vote on this car as the next race car replica.
1965 Bizzarrini P538

And it had a Corvette V8 as OEM!

30365671-770-0@2X.jpg

attachment.php

Description: During the 1950s, Giotto Bizzarrini worked as chief engineer at Ferrari on such projects as the Ferrari 250 GTO. In 1961, he left Ferrari and by 1963, he had formed his own company, Bizzarrini. In the mid-1950s, Bizzarrini wanted to include a mid-engined racing car to his lineup to help achieve the success that his GT racers were unable to provide. The GT cars had been able to secure class wins, but Bizzarrini wanted an overall victory.

Design, development and testing of the P538 began in mid-1965 and it took six months for the first chassis to be constructed. The chassis was a traditional tubular construction with triangle shaped tubes. Disc brakes were placed in the front and rear. The suspension was comprised of double wishbones and the engine was a Chevrolet V8 engine mounted at a 90-degree angle. It had a 5.3-liter displacement size and could produce around 365 horsepower. A five-speed ZF manual gearbox was matted to the engine and drove the rear wheels. The body was lightweight, but strong, comprised of aluminum and fiberglass.

The name of the vehicle, P538, was derived from the Chevrolet Corvette engine '5.3-liter V8'.

The car, with V8 power, was ready by the time for 1966 LeMans 24 hours race, but there had not been any time to do proper testing. It took only seven laps for the team to find a problem with the car and it returned to the pits. There had been a vibration in the wheel. The vehicle was hoisted up on jacks and in the process, ruptured a water hose within one of the triangular tubes and sidelined the car from the race.

The car was brought back to LeMans a year later, though it was not allowed to race, for reasons unknown. The prototype racer was now obsolete.

Considering most (all???) of the Bizzarrini were powered by American iron, it seems all too appropriate. Good pick.

Also a fan of Intermeccanica (Italia), but we know Fran's typical distaste for engines in the front ;) Plus everyone would probably think its a re-dressed Corvette to look like Miami Vices Daytona.

Back