RCR's Next car should be.....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Agreed Damian...

Plus - we need to keep this thread focused on what's feasible for RCR, a manufacturer of kit-cars, to produce for people to build in their sheds and enjoy... Putting up a whole bevy of Star-wars cr@p is just not in the cards for cars in this category...

I respectfully disagree with Damian, I'll only say F1. and this thread has always been about flights of fancy.... I see quite a few threads about builders adding anti-skid systems which just a few short years ago would have not been possible. Dreaming of what can be rather than what can't be drive innovation in sheds and garages. Koenigsegg started as one man's dream in a garage.
In fact the electrical system in the current SLC would have been considered "Star-wars" Cr@p years ago....

Now back to what anyone would think would be a cool car for the next car to build!

If you need all the nanny aids to pilot any car around the track with any proficiency than guess what YOU HAVE TO MUCH CAR FOR YOU!
My goal *is* to have too much car for me :)

I don't know many people that would not want ABS or traction control (in most conditions). Modern electronic systems can exert a level of control over a car that a driver cannot, e.g. braking a single wheel, so are prudent for road use IMO. Being able to switch systems off for track use allows a driver to get the raw experience.

I'd like to see some modern designs somewhere between a 904 and the flowing lines from some Alfa Romeos. I'm a big fan of a central driving position with some passenger space - I like the McLaren F1 layout.

What I don't think RCR / Superlite can do is reach the same level of packaging efficiency as OEMs, so bodies that follow the chassis lines tightly won't work, especially as customers want a range of options for engines and transmissions.

Life on a racing circuit is not a video game... I would never buckle-up in a car that I had to rely on electronics just to see... That includes rear view mirrors..

Then too I may be alone in that - but I seriously doubt it...

There was hub-bub for years in many racing circles just in getting throttle-by-wire accepted...

I never said it was a video game, but look at the Nissan LMP. It's very low, has large front fenders, and the driver at the back. Visibility at the corners looks like it will be tough. Punting cars being overtaken is generally frowned upon at LeMans.

It also blows fire out the exhaust in front of the driver! When have we seen that happen?

Someone said it was as ugly as the Dildo Wang. I disagree. It's weird, but the Dildo was hideous. The new LMP has some Panoz elements to it that I like.

Didn't take long for someone to do surgery to the new GT, bit more slicker version of the factory, more of the ricky racecar look. :) Still a nice looking rendering that I would not be opposed to seeing in my garage.

Attachments

• Ford_GT_LMP_Concept_by_rc82_workchop.jpg
    Ford_GT_LMP_Concept_by_rc82_workchop.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 674
This SCG 003 may have already been mentioned on here? What a bargain, $2.8 million for the 6 cylinder but tack on $1 million for the V12. Thats $167k per cylinder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vTo1maIa9I

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/scuderia-cameron-glickenhaus-scg003c_100502285_l.jpg

I have to admit, that it makes my top 10 list of cool cars, If RCR would release a simple (F/G body and a mono-cock frame) kit version of this car, I think it would be a good seller.:thumbsup:

Not at the moment. But I think it might be a bit long from the cabin to the rear wheels. It might look disproportionate. A good designer could work around that...

Guys have a look at this its available, but support from Bulgaria could be an issue, this should be Frans next car modeled on a Bentley ??? , have a look at the trick extension on the un1 transaxel for the poor people like me lol, but a nice looking lmp just the same
About Aeromaster

Graeme, that car has been around the internet for several years. The material you posted is just about all that was originally posted on the car. The builder/ designer was posting on a Noble forum for a bit. Mostly about different ways to model new designs. Then disappeared.

Thanks John, for the update, the designer who claims to have come up with the chassis for this lmp is this guy on this lambo replica site, in his profile he has a couple of other links also Login he is still drawing and selling chassis plans.

... a kit car built in larger quantities than any other kit car before.

This could, in my opinion, potentially be achieved if one designed a product upon which other kit car manufacturers build upon. I imagine a rolling chassis without front, rear or body components. A well-performing, rolling chassis that can be used by enthusiasts, replica manufacturers or designers to create any external body shapes by adding custom front and rear sub-frames, roll-over cages and body components.

The rolling chassis would have a fixed wheelbase, a fixed width, suspension and chassis layout, but be able to accept a variety of engines and gearboxes. The chassis would feature a large number of mounting points for the front and rear subframes, seats, roll-over bars, etc.

Customers could purchase that rolling chassis by itself or in combination with a second kit that features all the body parts to turn it into a Countach, a GT40, a GT, a SLC, a GTA or any other external body shape.

The chassis should have the size to replicate a modern sports car for the road (not as tiny as the GT40s). It must be priced so that people in their early careers can get into the kit car game.

I would focus all my efforts on designing this chassis for great performance and easy manufacture to allow for large production runs, potentially with suppliers in Asia, to offer them at an unbeatable price. A platform that designers throughout the world then use to create their Zonda, Apollo, Carrera GT, etc...

... a kit car built in larger quantities than any other kit car before.

This could, in my opinion, potentially be achieved if one designed a product upon which other kit car manufacturers build upon. I imagine a rolling chassis without front, rear or body components. A well-performing, rolling chassis that can be used by enthusiasts, replica manufacturers or designers to create any external body shapes by adding custom front and rear sub-frames, roll-over cages and body components.

The rolling chassis would have a fixed wheelbase, a fixed width, suspension and chassis layout, but be able to accept a variety of engines and gearboxes. The chassis would feature a large number of mounting points for the front and rear subframes, seats, roll-over bars, etc.

Customers could purchase that rolling chassis by itself or in combination with a second kit that features all the body parts to turn it into a Countach, a GT40, a GT, a SLC, a GTA or any other external body shape.

The chassis should have the size to replicate a modern sports car for the road (not as tiny as the GT40s). It must be priced so that people in their early careers can get into the kit car game.

I would focus all my efforts on designing this chassis for great performance and easy manufacture to allow for large production runs, potentially with suppliers in Asia, to offer them at an unbeatable price. A platform that designers throughout the world then use to create their Zonda, Apollo, Carrera GT, etc...

Not to rain on your parade, but that would be absolutely impossible. Example: look at the windscreen on an SLC vs GT40.

Guys have a look at this its available, but support from Bulgaria could be an issue, this should be Frans next car modeled on a Bentley ??? , have a look at the trick extension on the un1 transaxel for the poor people like me lol, but a nice looking lmp just the same
About Aeromaster

i did contact these guys a few years ago. beautiful car, but you for the most part got a body and most everything else was left up to you. while they responded quickly in emails, i also felt support might be tough that far away.

Me and Ryan suggest the Maclaren M6GT, the car was never given a chance and everyone deserves a second chance, something to think about !!
we are prepare for the RCR40 arrival the garage is all cleaned and ready :thumbsup:

M6GT

Attachments

• maclaren m6gt.jpg
    maclaren m6gt.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 344
  • maclaren m6gt 1.jpg
    maclaren m6gt 1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 270
Back