Rear Clip Support

Phil G

Supporter
Anyone know if these rear supports are available for purchase? Looks like they might need to be fabricated.
Thanks
DSCF5786.jpg

Ian Clark

Supporter
No but with a dimension drawing on a napkin and the photo you could get a couple made at a local fab shop:) These are fitted to an RCR GT40, maybe look there first.

Cheers
Ian

Phil G

Supporter
Ian..It sure is a very nice RCR.
I had no luck finding anything similar so I am having them fabricated as you suggested.
Scott, Looks like Ellis has not been around for a while.
Thanks
Phil

Phil G

Supporter
Good question Frank. These cars are fairly new to me and I do not care much about originality I actually like the look of them. What alternatives are you referring to? I am open to all ideas and appreciate any input.
Thanks
Phil

Phil G

Supporter
These are perfect! I will order them as soon as I can figure out how to pay for them on there website.
Thanks JP

Phil G

Supporter
Ian
Another great option. I like the Quick Latch though because they will work great with the brackets I am having made.

Phil, Aerocatch is very well made, strong and easy to use, the exposed fixings can be painted body colour and virtually disappears, Quick latch is a bit trickier, it can shake loose and is sometimes is difficult to open. I have fitted springs under the rear lip over the quick latch pins, it helps it to remain a bit more tight and less liable to shake open, and also helps the deck to pop open when pressing the release button. Frank ( Did you get / read the magazine article sent to you ? )

Laurent

Supporter
Ian..It sure is a very nice RCR.
I had no luck finding anything similar so I am having them fabricated as you suggested.
Scott, Looks like Ellis has not been around for a while.
Thanks
Phil
Hi Phil,
do you finaly fabricate the part youself ?
do you fabricate only one set for your car or some additional set to sell them in case ?
do you use aerocatch on your car ?
(i'm thinking about replace the "homemade work" done on my car to do the same modification like you...)
Regards
Laurent

Phil G

Supporter
Laurent
I had one set made by a local guy who went off the picture in the first post above. I used the Quicklatch for the Nostril and Rear Clip. You can find some photos in my build log.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here is Phil’s build thread.

Regards Brian

Back