Registration/Title issues

Kyle

Supporter
Well, I went to two more places, as you know, no luck. Again they wanted name on MSO, seller, and odometer.

So, let’s just say I got creative. I wasn’t going to waste Frans time to send back the MSO.

I went to a 4th place that was a hole in the wall, I later found out it is sort of boutique service that gets plates etc next day. The lady had me in and out in 20min. I just picked up plates today, title will be mailed from the state in 10 days.

Last edited:

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations, I had a similar title experience when I purchased my ERA on an MSO, the DMV need to legally see the chain of custody, i.e. Bill's of resale between owners if the MSO is not in the current owner's name. I had to get the dealer to go back and fill in a gap in transfer of ownership and all was good. I don't think this was ever anything Fran could address, it's a chain of custody resale tracking. Hopefully your title will arrive without issue, but I have had the DMV come back after the fact when they get to review the paperwork at head office.

I don't know that I would have been brazen enough to post a photo of the registration with my full name and address on it!

Kyle

Supporter
Congratulations, I had a similar title experience when I purchased my ERA on an MSO, the DMV need to legally see the chain of custody, i.e. Bill's of resale between owners if the MSO is not in the current owner's name. I had to get the dealer to go back and fill in a gap in transfer of ownership and all was good. I don't think this was ever anything Fran could address, it's a chain of custody resale tracking. Hopefully your title will arrive without issue, but I have had the DMV come back after the fact when they get to review the paperwork at head office.

I don't know that I would have been brazen enough to post a photo of the registration with my full name and address on it!

Youre right! I thought I cut that out!

Well, I went to two more places, as you know, no luck. Again they wanted name on MSO, seller, and odometer.

So, let’s just say I got creative. I wasn’t going to waste Frans time to send back the MSO.

I went to a 4th place that was a hole in the wall, I later found out it is sort of boutique service that gets plates etc next day. The lady had me in and out in 20min. I just picked up plates today, title will be mailed from the state in 10 days.

FANTASTIC !!! GLAD YOU DID NOT GIVE UP

Back