Renault 21 Transaxle to Granada Hubs??

Sorry, I just posted this in the wrong place......ooops /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif <font color="purple"> </font>
I am hoping that someone can help me with my GT40 kit car project, I think I am what is called a “budget builder”, or as they say ‘skint’, chuckle. <font color="brown"> </font>
I have had my GT for some time, doing/buying as and when I can. I have now come up against a rather big problem (for me), mainly the drive shafts.
I need to connect a Renault 21 turbo gearbox to Ford Granada hubs and I have no idea what I need to do.
I have phoned one supplier, their complete ‘kit’ would cost the best part of £700 from them and that is way above what I can realistically afford.
I do know that some builders have grafted Renault to Ford shafts with good results.
Now my questions.
1/. Is there anything or anywhere that I can find ‘specifics’ i.e. measurements, pictures, scale drawings, full explanation of how and what to do for this conversion/adaptation?
2/. Do you know of anyone that can supply the complete drive shafts with CV’s for (a lot) less cost?
3/. Do you know of anyone that may be selling second hand modified shafts and CV’s Renault/Granada that I could buy??
I am sort of desperate, the wife says I can keep the GT if it don’t cost too much more to finish and as I write this she is standing there with arms folded…………..you know what that means!
Any help with information or locating parts, new or second hand, would be very much appreciated
Regards
Gary

Gary,

I have a pair of output flanges to adapt the ford CV joints to the Renault gearbox, I think they are probably worth about £75.00 the pair and I also have a pair of driveshafts that will be the correct length for a KVA mk3 suspension set up, if that is any help?

Tornado in Kidderminster will do a good job grafting the two driveshafts together, provided you have renault and granada shafts. Mine were sleeved and have lasted well

Back