RF 117 wins !!

Good on you Iain. I was sad not to be there, but v busy with other stuff atm. A shame to only get 15 racing laps for the weekend! Something the organisers really need to look at. Not good value at all.

I take it Tim wasn't there coz he's fitting that new Sadev sequential.....

I WISH !! - new stronger 3rd & 4th gears on their way - for now.

WRT passing:
Eastern creek is limited in passing opportunities. Unless you car is really good under braking.
Also, if the driver looks like he's doing it easy, it could be because he and his crew have the car well set up and it is therefore not a pig to drive.
Regardless, it is great to see quite a few years of blood sweat and dollars, paying of on the track.

Back soon Iain....

I have just joined Tims Video provider and posted 1 x qualifying lap as a test case

www.vimeo.com

My registration is Straight 8 Racing , the quality seems way better than you tube

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
now we have worked out how to post videos , now to work out the intricacies of eastern creek is next -:)

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Iain,
sorry, not meant in a criticising way, perhaps I was a bit to cryptic, you made an earlier comment about JB making up 40 secs in the one hour enduro.

Hi Dalton,

We are using a hydraulic rack (from a BMW) with a hydro electric pump that is from a 997 Carrera Cup

Iain

Yes the steering column is from a BMW that has the collapsable section built in to the upper half of the assembly, I think any steering coulmn would work, the knucle joints as it transfers down to the connection with the rack allows ample opportunities to match the different components

Is your Mustang on the road yet ? That particular model has always been on my wish list. Could I interest you in a swap for a competition Cobra ? (Fully road registered if you feel brave enough).

Iain

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes the steering column is from a BMW that has the collapsable section built in to the upper half of the assembly, I think any steering coulmn would work, the knucle joints as it transfers down to the connection with the rack allows ample opportunities to match the different components

Is your Mustang on the road yet ? That particular model has always been on my wish list. Could I interest you in a swap for a competition Cobra ? (Fully road registered if you feel brave enough).

Iain

Thanks but I'll hang on to it for now. I drove it for about 100k and came up with a list of things that needed fixing. All done and I pick it up this weekend. Quite appropriate with 4Th of July coming up.
Thanks for the info on the power steering, now its my next project.

Back