RF GT40 pricing....WHAT?

I had an email from Rick Chattell the other day. When I was at the Exeter car show (UK) I spent some time poring over the RF kit with Rick, Chris Melia and Robert Logan and was HUGELY impressed with the quality of the kit.
In his email, Rick told me that he is now able to supply a complete RF kit for just £19,000 plus vat.
No...really.... that is just mad! This is a complete kit in that it includes every last part down to the last rivet and nut & bolt. It also includes air con, leather interior, crossover exhausts, AP brakes and pin drive wheels !
All you'll need to source is a set of tyres and your eng/box of choice.
I may be sounding like a salesman here (which I'm not and don't intend to be) but I just can't believe what a good deal it is. My GTD cost it's builder 35K fifteen years ago! and that's without the crossover pipes, ap brakes or pin drive wheels.

Simon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(ps, I am not associated with RF or Rick's company in any way)

Charlie M

Supporter
That is a great price. Last time I checked, the deluxe kit was $46k US. At the current exchange rate of $1.8850/£, £19,000 is only $35,815 USD! Maybe I'll be placing the order sooner than I thought.

Charlie

It is indeed a great price.

Rick sent me a price list recently which showed the rolling chassis kit costing 38k GBP + vat & delivery.
Thats for “Turnkey minus” requiring just engine and box.

The Delux kit had a price of 27k GBP + vat * delivery.
He did say the price would be reduced, but I wasn't expecting it to be by 33%...

I'm still waiting for Rick to receive his demo. I hope it arrives soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interesting indeed. For a price reduction of that size, surely the only significant cost-saving you can make is on labour?

Rob,
Rick has written an article for Fortyfication and I think it will explainit there. It will be with you soon, just waiting for a few of the regular contributors...

Brett

Charlie,
Remember its £19,000 plus VAT, which works out to say £22,500, and then you have shipping if I remember things right from what Rick wrote. However, I thinkit is probably best left up to him or Robert to discuss if they wish, as they are the agent and manufacturer respectivly.

Brett

From the title of this thread thought it would be about an RF price increase. I suspect that this may have something to do with the Australian dollar vs the British pound. I would be surprised if RF can hold their prices (or make much profit) with the old US pricing scheme, as the dollar has been sliding over the last couple of years. I guess another factor may be that RF has produced over 100 chasis, and they have probably realized certain economies of scale. That while they continue to improve the kit. I have seen numerous small but significant improvements in chasis subsequent to mine, which is #36.

Wow - this could be great news for me ....

A little off-topic - Ron, I see that you've added a 260Z
ITS car to your stable. Should've gotten a 240 or 280 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I had a 240 w/ 280 block for years, and might buy another.

Ian

Ron Earp

Admin
Not sure what is up with the pricing.

But, for ITS cars.....Ian, is that technically legal per the GCR? Don't think it is, or, if it was I'd be able to swap these crappy flat top carbs for 240z carbs, which I cannot in IT. Illegal. Also can't use a 5 speed from the 280 either. The 260z is a rental for our company but I am going to shake it down in 2 weeks at a race. Dyno numbers are strong...

Now, back to your regularily scheduled program. If that translates into USD that is a great deal for sure, much cheaper than in previous iterations. What about turnkeys, anything there?

[ QUOTE ]

But, for ITS cars.....Ian, is that technically legal per the GCR? Don't think it is, or, if it was I'd be able to swap these crappy flat top carbs for 240z carbs, which I cannot in IT. Illegal. Also can't use a 5 speed from the 280 either. The 260z is a rental for our company but I am going to shake it down in 2 weeks at a race. Dyno numbers are strong...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to threadjack - I know that it's illegal. I didn'trace,
but my mechanic did. That was one of his biggest gripes. The
BMW 2002 guys were getting around some of the rules by using
grey market euro cars, but he couldn't out a 5 spd in his
'75 280 - the US version only came with a 4 spd, but the
Canadian version had a 5 spd.

Anywho, the 260 carbs suckity suck suck suck. I had a
260 before the 240, and my mechanic's fix was to put
the 240 carbs on as you note. The 240 came with the
280 block, I just put on the 240 intake for smog rules
(at the time, it wasn't exempt). I almost stuck triple
webers on after it became smog exempt, but sold the car
when I moved.

I have a nice shopping list if I ever decide to put a nice
Z back on the road ...

Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic.

Ian

Guys,
Roaring Forties has definetly restructured prices for kits & turnkeys. WE are trying to keep up with the market trend as well as offer a super quality product. If we cannot do this without maintaining the quality of our GT's then we just wouldn't do it. As things progress I will make the full annouoncement of what's to come this week. So please be patient ant I think many of you will be absolutly shocked at the terrific developments that are hgappening.
Just as a teaser I will say that we now fit 6 pot front and 4 pot rear AP racing brakes with the three pedal adjustable racing box as standard. Our new standard equipment list reads more like an options list.
I promise to let the cat all the way out of the bag by the end of this week.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, persuing http://www.roaringforties.com.au
prices have indeed come down.

$34900 US for complete kit
$39900 US for quick build
$49900 US for tunkey minus

Includes (according to the text) 6 pot APs in front,
4 pot APs in rear, BRM or Halibrand 16 inch pin drive,
3 master cylinder pedal box, Moto Lita steering wheel,
all of those used to be options.

Wow !!!

Ian

Wow - the new web site looks great, and the prices have indeed dropped significantly. Plus the brake system is vastly improved from the pedal box to the tandem MC setup to the AP calipers and rotors. I would highly recommend the quick build option. The installed door hardware alone is worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Back