RF Production Update

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi RF Folks,

What is the current status on order delivery and at what point on the list are we to now? And, is the list posted months ago still accurate and valid with respect to delivery order? I can't remember by memory but I think some turnkeys are due now, just wanting to see how production is coming along.

Best,
Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Here you go ron...Old list
Delivery dates.

As I have always stated, I would like to produce 4 cars a month. It is only at this number that the numbers match up and truethfully I do not want to be much bigger than that as "I want a life" and have no asperations of driving the Roaring Forties brand to the position of Superformance. That said, I have the greatest of respect for Jimmy Price but I do not want all his headaches.
With a production aim of 4 cars a month, I believe that we need time to steady the ship and make sure that the production schedules are correct and managable. We have to grow with staff and I must place the correct protocols in place. This being said all I have to do is transfer them from Australia so I am not inventing the wheel or anything. I have combined the first 8 cars and set a deadline for those cars. They encompass all the different types of cars we build here in South Africa and even encompass many of the options. The time I have allowed for the first 8 cars is till the end of Jan '06 as you will see below and there after 4 a month. I believe that these are attainable goals and with the additional time allowed for with the first 8 cars than the Cape Town operation should be on a sound footing to continue with 4 cars a month.

The list below shows shipping dates, type and chassis number for the first 24 cars. We have some additional cars ordered but I do not have these details with me in South Africa.

#118 Q UK Nov'05
#119 Q UK Nov'05

#108 TK USA Dec'05
#109 TK USA Dec'05

#120 D UK Dec'05
#137 D UK Dec'05

#110 T USA Jan'06
#115 T USA Jan'06

#124 T UK Feb'06 UK Demo
#132 T UK Feb'06

#126 D USA Feb'06
#135 D USA Feb'06

#125 D UK Mar'06
#142 T UK Mar'06

#121 T USA Mar'06
#122 T USA Mar'06

#128 UK Apr'06
#160 Q UK Apr'06

#127 T USA Apr'06
#129 T USA Apr'06

#136 T USA May'06
#116 T USA May'06

#139 T USA May'06
#150 T USA May'06

More later,

Robert

--------------------
Robert Logan, Director
Roaring Forties Australia

Ron Earp

Admin
Oliver,

I've spoken with Robert, I'm up to date with my car and happy with the progress. RF is talking to customers directly and I encourage customers to contact them straight on. robert is just back in Australia and going back to SA in a week or so at which point more pictures and info will be posted and announced.

As for posting on this thread, I've encouraged you to not "stir the pot". Clearly, you can post what you like when you like. But you have no horse in this race any longer. Yes, RF has had some trouble getting things underway but they've made progress and two turnkeys are being loaded up. So, they are behind and struggling to catch up.

We, I think, are all aware of this now. There is no point in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

For folks on the list talk to your representative or call Robert for updates. I think they are also being proactive and contacting customers, I know I was contacted.

Best,
Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ron,

You asked a general question "RF FOLKS" Which i'm one of those. You also asked the progress and that you forgot the current list. "General question" I responded to you "GENERAL question"
I simple responded and provided you with the current list. Nothing more was stated. It is obvious RF failed to notify you that if you have any questions about your car contacts us because RF is not going to let you know until you get tired of waiting for responses on the forum. And RF does not want to be Re-quoted. You posted because you were not informed. You inturn atacked me for stirring the pot. I merly provided the information for which has slipped you mind. You also stated that i'm not in the race. True! again I only provided you with the information that slipped your mind. That is what this forunm is for. I guess all members should only responded to what applies to them, and not share information that helps someone else. Excuse me for giving you the information. I did not stir the pot i just copied and posted what slipped your mind. I have not said anything negitive regarding. And i think your thread was a personal attack on me that was uncalled for. So everyone on the forum "IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP SOMEONE ELSE BUT DOES NOT REALLY APPLY TO
YOU...DON'T BOTHER.

OLIVER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dead_horse.gif

I ALSO FIND IT FUNNY THAT YOU HAD TO TELL THE RF CUSTOMERS TO CONTACT ROBERT OR YOUR REP. FOR PROGRESS. IS THAT YOU JOB. I DONT THINK IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO INFORM CUSTOMERS. YOU ARE YOU PROVIDING INFOMATION TO CUSTOMERS THAT ARE NOT YOURS. IT IS NOT ROBERT THAT IS TALKING TO CUSTOMERS ...IT IS CUSTOMERS TALKING TO ROBERT. DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION FOR HIS BUISINESS OF NOTIFYING HIS CUSTOMERS. IT DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU ..SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS IT STUCK.

OLIVER

He is amazing. I wonder what would happen if you took his shift key and caps lock key away from him.

Actually I didnt think what he did was out of line this time. He simply reposted RF's last list and info.
Call'um like I see'um. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandito.gif LOL

I call BS on you, Dan. Who do you think Ron was addressing when he wrote:

"Hi RF Folks,

What is the current status on order delivery and at what point on the list are we to now? And, is the list posted months ago still accurate and valid with respect to delivery order? I can't remember by memory but I think some turnkeys are due now, just wanting to see how production is coming along."

Sure looks obvious - he's addressing Robert, et al at Roaring Forties. Not some customer of a second hand RF car. Ron wanted current info, not the previous estimates for the backlog.

Are you going to honestly tell us you think Ron was addressing just anyone? Come on, be honest. If you tell me I'm wrong, I owe you a beer (or any soft drink of your choosing)

Mitch D

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Agreed. Oliver's post was legit. No comments, just a republication to fill a request.
Plus...he's gone all green on us... looking to save the whales and all. It's a new Oliver...

Ron Earp

Admin
Oliver,

I didn't ask a general question, I was asking Robert or Hershal directly. RF Folks, in my Southern speak, means people that work for RF. I'd sent email to Robert earlier, but since he was in transit he didn't receive it and thus didn't reply. Hense my post here. However, Robert decided to call me instead, fine with me.

Clearly, I am aware of the previous posts and the delivery timelines. We ALL now know that it is incorrect, the cars are very late, and most importantly to realize; this is water under the bridge. My specific advice to you is to move on.

I don't like the fact they are late, but if I really don't like it I can get my money back. Think I’ve said this before! I can easily see why Robert and Hershal won't respond publicly to these types of threads with folks like Oliver dragging the same dead horse out to beat it again.

Ron

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Ron,

It was a general question. No doubt about it! it was not clear because it SLIPPED your mind. I provided you with specifics which made it clear Thats all! YOU made this into a debate.It sure seems that YOUR stirring the pot. And trying to blame me so more things are written in regards to RF.You asked me to stay out of it..but YOU dragged me back in.By you attacking me brings more negitive attention towards RF. Which is cleaver on your part because your making me out to be the bad guy when it is you asking the questions. In addition, if you were asking robert and hershal Directly, you should have PM'd them both and wait for a response. That is what I call direct. You were inpatiant. Open foum questions leave it to fair game. Then you try to cover up you mistake by stating it's "Southern spoke"...GIVE ME A BREAK DR.PHD...And in the last thread stating about RF being late and getting your money back if you are not happy. I have been quiet! You know exactlly what you did and it is clear. YOUR game is up NICE TRY. Robert? Hershal? I think ron is upset that you have not communicated the progress to your customers. It it evident that ron stated that he tryed to contact Robert/Hershal by E-mail and Robert/hershal failed AGAIN to respond to ron/customers in a timly matter forcing him to post on the public forum. Ron, You know the whole issue that RF fails to communicate to the customers on timly matter in the past..OR did the cummuncation,issue SLIP YOUR MIND TOO..
you stated to me be patiant. What happend?
Did you loose your pataints perhaps?

Anyway nice try blamming me,,VERY VERY cleaver..I won't take the blame for stirring the pot.However in your cleaver way,it did bring up the issue regarding failded communiction and delivery times from Robert and Hershal writen by you but not in a direct way. And the issue brought up was exactally what you wanted!
Best regards

oliver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/soapbox.gif

John B

Temp Selling Pass
Mitch you always protect the other guy... thats ok. Ron requested information on the public forum. Me being a "RF FOLK" might have the updated list that ron is needing. Maybe everybody had the updated list and ron did'nt get it. Nobody else was asking just ron. So again is this forum only for information that applies to us RF Folks..and not share what what is requested. I thing your wrong on this one. You even new the old list was posted months ago. I just provided what he asked with no ill intentions. Even you THINK some turnkeys are due. You would have liked if another forum member gave you information that needed that was thought you already had. I will take that beer now!

Best regards
oliver

Ron

Since you brought up the subject...when ARE you expecting
delivery? I think most of us are eager to see you behind
the wheel and provide feedback.

By the way...how's Lynn doing? Haven't seen him on the
Forum in a while.
Thx

MikeD

OLIVER, I wasn't commenting on your interpretation of who Ron was addressing when he said "RF Folks", I was commenting on Dan's. I merely wanted Dan to tell me from whom he thought Ron was soliciting info.

I still say it's obvious - Ron meant Robert or other RF employees who whould have delivery info. Ron is perfectly capable of looking up the last estimates on the forum (he knows how to search effectively).

So, no beer from me on this one! The offer is still on for Dan.

Mitch D

Hey this gets better every time i get on, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
LOL thanks Mitch for the beer, actually I did think in the way Ron worded it he was leaving the door open to anyone else with info to post . Lets say you had a car on order and just recieved info. I guess the "RF Folks " threw me a bit too. I am originally from Cleveland and not Oklahoma,LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif
I guess the proof would be Hersh was soliciting orders for jackets with a big "RF" on the back to current owners/builders . I could picture someone wearing one, and a guy with no teeth across the parking lot saying "hey lookee there , some of those RF Folks" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
Hey no problem Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
If I've learned anything with this entire "Oliver" on the forum situation it is something that I should have long ago known.

Never argue with a fool because those watching might not be able to tell the difference.

Mike, Robert is shooting for the May time frame for the car and has other updates and news to share with the forum. I imagine he, Hershal, or Jerry will do it personally with the customers though to avoid exactly this type of thread. I've not heard from Lynn since around Christmas time either, so I need to call him and see how he is doing.

Dan, sorry the post was confusing but it was, as I mentioned to Oliver, a question to RF employees who read here. Despite what Oliver in his insulting post claims.

Best,
Ron

Ron,

I will second your request on updates. Last information I had was over a month ago and it indicated that 108 & 109 were to have shipped by now. I know they have not because it would be all over this website if they had. It would be nice to know updates and the reasons for these current delays.

Last I heard verbally is that 108 and 109 were going to the paint shop. That was 3 weeks ago. No update however in writing for over a month.

Would be nice to hear.

Hey Ron, is there any way to install a spell-check or grammer-check program on the forum? Some members would really benefit from this. Although the more I think about it, Mark Twain and George Bernard Shaw might actually prefer what passes for English here.

Back