Roush 427 vs Aluminator XS 5.2

Hello all, I’m attempting to familiarize myself with GT40 Eninge options for a SPF “MKII” build. I’m interested in the Roush 427 IR or a Ford Aluminator 52XS with GT4 cams & 8 Stack EFI done by Olthoff Racing. Does anyone have any experiences with either of these applications & if so any preferences or inputs? Much Appreciated!

Hello all, I’m attempting to familiarize myself with GT40 Eninge options for a SPF “MKII” build. I’m interested in the Roush 427 IR or a Ford Aluminator 52XS with GT4 cams & 8 Stack EFI done by Olthoff Racing. Does anyone have any experiences with either of these applications & if so any preferences or inputs? Much Appreciated!
[/QUOTE
FORD FE with dual quads. Dont worry about capacity, a 352 looks like a 428 or 427.

I'm a big fan of the Coyote motor that the 5.2L Aluminator is based off of, but I didn't want to kick out the $25k when most of the extra power it could generate I probably wouldn't use. I was also a bit concerned with the oil issues that the 5.2 Voodoo motors have had.

I opted for a 5.0L Aluminator instead and with a little tuning I shouldn't have much trouble putting 500 horsepower down. Probably won't do cams, but I'll make that decision after talking more to Olthoff Racing.

A 5.2 Aluminator with cams and an 8 stack is going to sound soooooooo pretty at 7000rpm and climbing!

I have the milder Roush 427 SR with carburetor in my MKII. It's plenty strong, well-behaved, and much simpler than the the various fuel injection systems around.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Back