Just bought 2007 SPF

Hi, I just bought a 2007 SPF MKII, silver with black stripes, gurney bubble ,cremamic coated headers,transmission cooler, Roush 427-IR 560 HP Fuel Injected, Shelby spec engine and polished heads, intake, injection with 1024 miles. It is to be delivered next week and needless to say I am ready to get it. I would appreciate any info or tips that owners could help me out on and possibly any tips that will help me handle this monster. I understand there is a water leakage problem, amp fix, and a few other thing I need to know. I did a search but I am not that good at it. I look forward to getting to know you all and I will post pictures as soon as they deliver it. I picked the GT-40 over a Ferrari 360 and a Lambo Gallardo. I have been down that "Highway robbery road" with Ferraris in the past and I wanted something I could get fixed here and not contribue to every exotic mechanics 401K. I am ready for some good old american muscle and have wanted a GT-40 for years. Thank in advance for any help and info.

sounds good, congrats to you lucky man ;-)
personaly I would also place the GT40 above most modern sportcars.
its timeles and fast and a lot of wows (at least in a mk1, the mk2 is a bit more brutal looking) now you have to wait...:lipsrsealed: but whats a week when you know whats comming :thumbsup:

Steve C

Steve
GT40s Supporter
Marshall,

Congratulations.

Best suggestion is to read all threads and posts in the Superformance Forum.

Good Luck

Steve C. SPF P2125 (lots of stuff posted in the SPF Forum re my car)

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Welcome to the forum, lots of great people here and many threads on just what you are wanting to know. I have about 7k miles on mine and enjoy driving it when weather permits. I see you say from the south, just where in the south are you?

As Steve suggested just do a search under the Superformance forum you will find all your answers, if you have questions just PM some of us, all the guys here are good people.

Congrats it sounds like a beautiful car...post some pictures when it is delivered...I was also down that highway robbery road that is also why my next car will be the GT40. This time I am already doing my homework, even though I am a couple years away from taking the plunge. Good luck and enjoy

Marshall,

Congratulations. You're going to love your SPF. I had the very same logic in mine when I bought my GT40 - tired of the raping for f-car parts prices, and really love the grunt of an American V8. If you've been driving 360s/gallardos/etc. I think you'll find a GT40 is a lot more basic....as in, a truck load more basic, but that's half the appeal!

Something pretty cool about being able to stop off at Schucks/Kragen for new plug wires, plugs, cap and rotor for less than $100 total. As you know, that'd be $1,500 or more for the f-car....

Plus, your SPF will have a lot more poke under the peddle than a 360, particularly if you have a big Roush motor in there.

Enjoy!

Back