Run-n-Gun pics.....

Ron McCall

Supporter
Congrats Fran!!! The SLC looks amazing and seems to haul ass!
How about some pics of the GT40s there???????????
Particularly the white one in the background!

Congrats Fran!!! The SLC looks amazing and seems to haul ass!
How about some pics of the GT40s there???????????
Particularly the white one in the background!

I spent most of the time shooting the SLC, because there are plenty of pics of GT40s out there, but here are the couple I have...
img_0031.jpg

img_0030.jpg

img_0034.jpg

img_0035.jpg

Chuck

Supporter
Some more R and G pics.

There were four GT 40's and two SLC's. Ray Masserang III came with his Gulf car. Fran and his crew from down under had a great time running the SLC. It performed very well. Dean's GT was, as usual, a hot competitor routinely exceeding 140 mph (GPS speed).

Attachments

• Fran2.JPG
    Fran2.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 477
  • DeanFranFillup.JPG
    DeanFranFillup.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 409
  • Ray1.JPG
    Ray1.JPG
    192.5 KB · Views: 387
  • RGGT08f.jpg
    RGGT08f.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 401
  • SLC2.JPG
    SLC2.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 455

Chuck

Supporter
How about some more pics

Dean had a little run in on on the road coarse late Friday, ending his GT's outing a bit early. Hopefully the damage to the rear clip and starboard side is only cosmetic. His car looked a bit lonely sitting in the garage Saturday while all the other cars were out playing on the drag strip.

Attachments

• ThreeRCR.JPG
    ThreeRCR.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 399
  • Fran1.JPG
    Fran1.JPG
    182.4 KB · Views: 419
  • RGGT08m.jpg
    RGGT08m.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 358
  • DeanWreck1.JPG
    DeanWreck1.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 395
  • DeanEnd.JPG
    DeanEnd.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

Chuck

Supporter
And a few more . . .

Check out the engine in Fran's SLC. The black SLC is a customer's car, partially completed. My car is loaded in the Serpent Express trailer, ready for the trip home. We made two trips each way: one for the Cobra and one for the GT. The GT just fits inside with little room to spare.

Attachments

• SLC1.JPG
    SLC1.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 441
  • SLC Engine.jpg
    SLC Engine.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 494
  • SLC2.JPG
    SLC2.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 439
  • TrailerGT1.JPG
    TrailerGT1.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
Got one of those in a crate waiting to join an SL-C!! Well, first off to my LS7 "guru" for some extra work....Great photos and very inspiring (also helpful in strengthening support from the wife!).

The SLC looks great! The Ultima GTR there is a great car, but looks-wise it is pretty fugly compared to the SLC.

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Chuck,
I would be very interested to hear of your experience on the track. Is it all you had hoped for?
Keith

I did have a debilitating off track but I was just too busy with the event to worry about the car for the next day.

I will be happy to get into it through PM's. The last time I post any racing recap, someone here on the forum lauched a smear campaign against me on another site that wouldn't let me register to defend myself. I don't think this SOB even has a car that runs much less drives on a track. You know who you are.

Anyway, it was great to see everyone and I look forward to next year.

Dean, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

I have to say, screw the idiot that smeared you. You will be pretty busy answering PMs and most of us want to know, when you could simply post the action here. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

hey guys! mine is the dead white one. bent valve and I sat out....man, I wish I knew how to drive better!

thanks to Fran and the guys for their help...I had a great time. There was a lot of attention over Fran's cars....good showing. Glad to meet everyone out there.

heck, I may need to get a new car! (all smiles)

Buzz

I will post the official times this week when the dust settles. What a great event.

You guys are right about me posting the story, here's what happened to me.

The first day I had Dynatek there to help me with the FI using the data I collected from the track. The car was indescribable! It is so fast it is just crazy. I ran the auto cross and I was really surprised to hear that I won the class. The car was just so smooth. I don't even like auto cross. The next day on the road course I had a spin but no big deal. With the help of some of the guys, I was able to take tire temps in the hot pit lane and make final chassis adjustments. I gradually increased the speed that I was able to carry in the bank turn and down the straight. I ran about 5000 rpms on the bank and 7500 down the straight into turn one. The idea was to increase speed and decrease initial brake distance to enter the corner faster. I don't know how fast that is but I have 4.22 gears in the ZF if anyone can do the math. There was a guy with a radar gun there for 2 days. I can't say that he clocked all cars every run but he had a dozen laps written down for the faster cars. I consistently had top speeds in the 140's. He said those where the fastest numbers of the event. That does come at a price. Check out the pictures at the bottom of page 6.:shocked:

Racing Perspectives : GIR 2008-10-10 FRIDAY RUN N GUN ROAD COURSE

That is the first turn after leaving the main front straight. The car is not that bad and I walked away with a few bruises and a little sore the next day but all in all, it could have been worse. This is a fantastic car and the safest I have ever raced. Thanks to RCR for that. Solid construction really matters in moments like this. At the end of the day we took top honers in the small block class and ran real strong with the other groups. My times on the road course where in the low 1:08's

Back to the garage to get ready for next year.

Ron Earp

Admin
someone here on the forum lauched a smear campaign against me on another site that wouldn't let me register to defend myself. I don't think this SOB even has a car that runs much less drives on a track. You know who you are.

Anyway, it was great to see everyone and I look forward to next year.

Nice to hear about the R&G event, sounds pretty cool! Did you not get to do the drag portion due to the off?

With respect to this smear thing is that something that started here? From one of our members?

Ron

Deane , we would need your top/5th gear ratio & rear tire circumference to compute your speed- Fifth gear ratio should be on the tag on your ZF. Overall ratio will be 4.22 x 5th.

thank goodness for tire walls huh. a minor scuff up Dean, you will be back in action before you know it. So the Dynatek is working out ok?

Ah crap, Dean, that sucks, but hey - like you said - you are OK and everything else can be put back together. I have had a car "off track" before. I remember my Dad (who I thought would be furious) was laughing saying "it's just a car, we'll fix it or get another." It didn't seem so funny to me at the time.

On the plus side, you have really bolstered my decision. Your car is a stunning looker. To hear that the performance is so good, AND that it is a good safe car, makes me glad I am going the way I am. Spent most of the weekend working on mine, though you'd never know from looking at it :)

Chuck the Dynatek really works good. It pops when I let off the gas but that is a discussion for another thread. Overall, I am thrilled with the performance of their system.

Jac, I wish I was in 5th. Fourth was all I had room for before I had to brake and turn. The radar gun had me in the low 140's. (the fastest numbers recorded all weekend:thumbsup:)

Lets get back to the SLC. You have to see this thing in person. No corvette donor stuff on this bad boy!

Back