Ryans Group Ten GT40 build - Body 5.

@Dans GTD, where did you end up putting the reset push button?

was planing on updating the diary with some more screen shots of the CAD work but it all collapsed when i tried to move the steering column axis to 1.08" inside the 10" datum line. I had previously had it at 1.25" so its moved across about 5mm.


Dan Kasten

The reset button sticks through the bottom lip of the dash below the speedo. I will take a pic later when I get back to my shop.
Postie has been again. Got lucky with a pump cover ending in 64. Is that the year of manufacture?
took a while to work out you half click the trigger on the Dymo to get a space. Will the 3/8” 9mm tape be about right for the dash labels?
Managed to get a 4 bolt demister vent to go with the 6 bolt one I already had. I am not sure which one I will end up using yet. Whatever fits best at the end of the day. Also managed to get a single speed 6WA wiper motor and a multiple speed 6W. Hopefully they clean up ok.

Has anyone had any luck restoring the Anglia handbrake levers.
Need a new grip on one of them.
the other one has a few paint scrapes.
not sure on the mountings or how the cables is supposed to mount at this stage.
Just been told that the MK I and MK II Escort lever is very similar. Different grip though. (Burton Power web site)
there is also a replacement Anglia grip available from J B Anglia parts.
Paul, I think that may be a Triumph one?
the ford ones had a small ford logo stamped in the back of the main arm and are a one piece main lever.
I am debating if I drill the rivets out and try and sand blast the bad one before repainting it. The hand grip is very hard and starting to crack open in a few places.
I have ordered a couple of replacement hand grips. I will wait until they arrive.


Hi Ryan, my handbrake was originally in a similar condition to the good one in your picture. I didn't removed the rivets, I just removed the old grip (that was already splitting) and I used a common paint stripping product. Then I did a DIY electrolytic rust removal and finally zinc primed.

Brian Stewart
Just used a wire wheel on mine and a Dremel to get into the more difficult places. Wash with de-greaser. Hand grip had a couple of very minor cracks, so filled with epoxy, then painted. Has lasted well so far.

Bolted straight in. Have used the original routing for the cable (i.e. handbrake merely pulls foot brake pedal down), but had to make a couple of small adjustments due to my pedal box being located so far forward.