Same old same old

and in 2 years time Darren at GTS will crying online because Pommie Shyte 40's copied his car that he put so much work into.......

Keith

Well the late Ozzie Shyte Logan '40 was a dead nuts ringer for the.. er, I'd better not get into that.. especially on this thread....:lipsrsealed:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Maybe the best and possibly only real protection is to make your (whatever it is) the best quality and value and then everyone will buy your stuff anyway.
We will all be screwed soon when the Chinese start on the GT40 market. Anyone for a "Shining Road GT40".
Or am I just unrealistic and cynical??
Cheers
Mike

Keith

Yes you are mate, they're only set up to produce 30,000,000 + runs :)

Not sure if the market would stand the over supply, still, at £5 - 3s - 2d each, even I could afford one.

Good name though, Shining Road

Or perhaps; 'Brilliant Ming GT40'

(PS, thanks to Simon, I would never have found this. Ever vigilant!)

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Maybe the best and possibly only real protection is to make your (whatever it is) the best quality and value and then everyone will buy your stuff anyway.

If this was the case, then there would only be one GT40 replica company so this is clearly not the issue. Whether you make the best or not, the point is another vendor should not be copying how Tornado build it unless Tornado themself said they can. So the problem here is that the effort and research produced by Tornado to achieve what they have was just ripped off and copied.... *just take the guys car, put it in your shop and copy the whole lot... thanks for all your research and build design Tornado... goodbye*. That is total Bogus. You cant just go and produce something to live off someone elses efforts and achievements. Even IF on a business level it was ok (which it seems like it is not), it is not ethically correct to do it. It would be totaly different had the other party called up Tornado, asked if they could borrow the material as it is written out well etc, and then had Tornado said "sure no problem" (in writing since these days anyone can say anything), the second party would then in there own copied material have referenced Tornado's name on it so that people know it is just a copy of "Tornado" thus the credit is given back where it is due and thus it is clear that it is borrowed material. Like this, it is just trying to pass something off as your own which it is not. Plagiarism issues. So the point here is lack of ethics and business professionalism.

Last edited:
Hi

I would be grateful if someone could point out to me where, in the companies act or general business practises, there is a section on ethics.

:cry:

Keith

Hi there Stephen, "Ethics in Business" is in the UK Articles of Association (Companies Act 1978) just below the entry "Ponzi for Beginners"

Back