Scotts build thread

Just my opinion...

The intakes on either side look ok. But the raised area on the back side looks like a weird growth (goiter) and just doesn't match the look of the rest of the car at all.

Again, just my opinion.

Gonna be honest, not a favorite of mine, but I have to cover the intake. I am only 1/4" off the intake at that height.
It isn't done though.

Yup. Now I see. I like the design that was used in Australia for the huge intake they had on that SLC. It's pretty clean and matches the car pretty well.

It's a difficult car to tweak and redesign. It's so low and aerodynamic that it seems any additions above the original lines would be negative to the original design. Either way, you do a great job with the fiberglass work.

Edit: Superlite Eagle? Maybe see what they've done for their car?

Ya, the Aussie car one is moved back a bit further and taller. I followed the window line, and then the center scoop transition will look seamless also.
I toyed with opening the rear of the "quisimoto" and turning the top center section into another acrylic lens to see all of the intake. I should look pretty wicked. Still deciding how to incorporate the center spine. Start it mid roof, or start it from back of intake. Will toy with it the next few days.
For the most part, mine will be unrecognizable as an SLC. So instead of looking added on, it will just look like part of the design of the car. Once painted, these things will all blend together like it does on even the larger version built on the Aussie car.

Few more pics mostly finished off and painted satin black to blend in more. Made a big difference from the light color as far as blending in, in my opinion atleast.

Top will be cut out and another lens built to show of intake, and big vents on back of bulge.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
There! Much 'gooder'! :thumbsup:

The only thing I would do is raise the front of the scoop(s) to the same height as the rear. It appears the front is slightly lower at present...unless it's an optical illusion.

Thickness wise, they are very close. Height wise, the new scoops are about 4" higher than the rear of scoop. I want the existing roof scoop the highest part of the roof line, so I can still keep that sweeping down line to the rear. If those scoops were higher, they would be nearly same height as roof scoop, making it a straight line across top of car. Yuck!

Ya, getting it body color really changed things for me too. Wish I didn't have to have anything, but this is something I can live with.
Will start testing again with a shorter sweeping center divider. I will then create the side profile of the car, not the scoop itself.

Hey Scott, What happened to your center fin idea? If you had that back there you could hind some of the intake bump. Come on now !

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
If those scoops were higher, they would be nearly same height as roof scoop, making it a straight line across top of car. Yuck!

It's awfully difficult to tell 'perzackly' what's what height-wise in the photos because of the slightly downward angle of the shot. Perhaps a 'straight-on' profile shot would eliminate that.

Regardless, YOU can see it in 3D from all angles! So, you ought to be able to tell what looks right and what doesn't... :D :2thumbsup:

Hey Scott, What happened to your center fin idea? If you had that back there you could hind some of the intake bump. Come on now !

Will start testing again with a shorter sweeping center divider. It will then create the side profile of the car, not the scoop itself.
Just not sure to start it mid rood, or behind the scoop itself. I want it to be shorter and more sweeping instead of straight line. Pics as it develops.

It's awfully difficult to tell 'perzackly' what's what height-wise in the photos because of the slightly downward angle of the shot. Perhaps a 'straight-on' profile shot would eliminate that.

Regardless, YOU can see it in 3D from all angles! So, you ought to be able to tell what looks right and what doesn't... :D :2thumbsup:

Lol. Yup, there is an overall bigger plan, this is just 10-15% of what is happening to the back. Just can't built it all at once. :D

I like it Scott. Hey, sometimes form has to follow function. The paint definitely made it flow better with the body lines. Chalk it up and move on.

Lol. Yup, there is an overall bigger plan, this is just 10-15% of what is happening to the back. Just can't built it all at once. :D
I'd love to hear / see what you're planning. Personally, I think that the rear scoops are a little understated, but I don't know how the other things that you're planning will adjust that view.

Back