Scotts build thread

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Regarding Josh's comment: "Olsson was asking 270k for the entire car with Gallardo drive train and eventually sold it to a guy in the Asian region. Caresto built the car for him and does very nice work."

Considering...One-off,..... Gallardo 4WD drive train.....definite supercar looks and function.....

If you don't have the incredible build skills that Scott has, doesn't seem all that far out of line. I'm speculating that Scott's car may very well match it in style, function.....and price!

Attachments

• jon-olsson-rebellion-r2k_100508350_m.jpg
    jon-olsson-rebellion-r2k_100508350_m.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 399
Far too kind Dave. Ya, with that drivetrain and that much modification and finished looks, $270k doesn't seem all that bad considering celebrity (of sorts) owned and built. Not much else in that price bracket to touch it, or any price range really.
They are certainly a step up from me. Would like to see the car with the body work off.

I did start pondering the idea of electric motors on the front wheels though for a part time awd that could kick in at say 60mph and under. Interesting engineering exercise atleast. One of the trailblazers for performance electric cars is right here in Oregon too.
Moving the shock and modifying the upright to use the rear vette hub would be the tougher parts of it. Need to modify footwell box, but, it might be a worthwhile venture to atleast investigate.

Last edited:
I did start pondering the idea of electric motors on the front wheels though for a part time awd that could kick in at say 60mph and under.
That would be an interesting idea.

Of course, there are other, much more reliable, efficient and much less expensive alternatives to electricity.

That would be an interesting idea.

Of course, there are other, much more reliable, efficient and much less expensive alternatives to electricity.
Open to hear ideas.
Okay, to really treat the idea would be to delve deeply into propulsion, braking and handling. And, before we got done, we would venture into philosophy and morals. (Seriously!)

That would take this thread very far away from Scott building the way-cool Scott SLC. Personally, in this thread, I like reading about Scott building the way-cool Scott SLC.

What if we put this discussion into another thread in the appropriate subforum?

What think ye, all ye readers? What think ye, O Ye Defenders of Ye Olde GT40s Forum?

Les

Hyder

Supporter
Theres always the option of R8 V8 or V10 with Graz......
I have the V8 with the output shaft coming right out of the front of the motor, use front diff from Lambo/R8 and there you go! Ofcourse you'd still need to address the front drive hubs and then there is All that added weight.....

Theres always the option of R8 V8 or V10 with Graz......
I have the V8 with the output shaft coming right out of the front of the motor, use front diff from Lambo/R8 and there you go! Ofcourse you'd still need to address the front drive hubs and then there is All that added weight.....

Ya, just adapting the Audi/Lambo drivetrain like they did on the Ultima chassis would probably be the easiest. It really depends on how integrated electronically the original configuration is. If body control modules are part of the trans decisions at all or not. They were able to do it, so there is answers somewhere.
Some of those Gallardos are hitting 2,000+awd hp now. Fucking retarded in an SLC!!!

Balls of steel there. Lol.
I am planning 3 maps. One at 600hp, 800hp, and one at 1,000hp just to say it can. Probably only use map 3 to make a 1/4 mile pass. Then clean pants.

Be kind of fun to put some 12" drag slicks and skinnies on it.

I am already having visions of doing another, but with a 8/71 blown big block sticking out the back, with air cleaner higher than roof of course. If I only had time (and money) to build all the weird shit that enters my head. Lol.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
That would do it! Can't let this guy have all the fun! Lol.

countach_drag_car_2.jpg

Anything you might build would shame that rig... :sneaky:

Were I you (and I'm not) I'd consider a NON-SIAMESE SBC of whatever max cubes you could come up with and go the T.T. route to achieve whatever h.p. level you want.

'Faaaar lighter...no parasitic h.p. drain...better handling in the 'twisties' ...blah, blah, blah.

$$$-wise probably about the same when 'all in'.

A-course...there's no question an 8/71-huffed, 'fuelie' 572 would PEG the 'OMG' meter! 'Probably would break the needle off!

Back