Scotts build thread

Ken Roberts

Supporter
You make it look too easy. The sign of a true craftsman. Your creativity is outrageous!

Take a mold off it when you are finished and sell them to others.

Thanks Ken. I have had to learn the hard way, lol. Most projects have been successful. But, one or two in the beginning were not so hot.
I did toss the idea around of making a mold, but, for all the trouble the market is pretty small. Besides, I wouldn't be the only one with it anymore and I would be forced to make another for my car! Haha.

+1 on the mold, I love what you are doing and would love it as an option. If you don't somebody else will, might as well profit off your hard work.

Finally got the upper transition figured out and set. I am sure the design isn't everyones cut of tea, but for me, it is really working! going to look straight nasty going down the road!

It is always fun doing the first side. Not so much when I have to do the passenger side! Atleast I have measurements and direction for it now.

+1 on the mold, I love what you are doing and would love it as an option. If you don't somebody else will, might as well profit off your hard work.

I really wouldn't have the time to do it, but, if a certain guy that was already building SLC's (Fran, Allan) for people was interested to sell as an option for the car, I am needing a Graz trans and all the parts to put it in as a part trade for the design. :laugh:

Wishful thinking, I know.

Scott......You have to stop wasting so much time!!! Ha ha. I am really impressed with how fast you go from concept to reality. Well done and just as nice as I thought it would be.

Thanks Ken. While it appears I started just last night on it, the concept and planning started before I even received the car. Slowly planning it made the execution quick. I would only call it 15% done though since I still have to make the headlight buckets, lens, reinforce the back, make the vents for the radiator air exit, design in brake ducts, etc.
Atleast it appears to be a good concept now though and can run with it. In my eyes it still needs a little something, but I can look at that when reaching the 90% done mark.

It appears that you are making remarkable progress. Devil is in the details as you know.
I'm confident that you can pull this one off successfully. Keep plugging away Scott!

Michael Fling

Supporter
Scott,

I love the separation between the center section and the area over the wheels. That is very dramatic and really fits the car. Have you considered a more square LMP look on the front fenders? You are doing a great job! I am trying to understand when you may actually sleep?

It appears that you are making remarkable progress. Devil is in the details as you know.
I'm confident that you can pull this one off successfully. Keep plugging away Scott!

Thanks Jack. Yup, I have probably 60-70 more hours on it atleast before I can call it good. Still have to make the inner frame work like we were discussing. I like the backer rod strengthening ribs, but I may have to do the alum frame. My center is cut down so far, I can lift one side about 15" up before the other side starts to lift. :thumbsdown:
I will get it solid though!

Scott,

I love the separation between the center section and the area over the wheels. That is very dramatic and really fits the car. Have you considered a more square LMP look on the front fenders? You are doing a great job! I am trying to understand when you may actually sleep?

Thanks Michael. I really wanted to do the pointed fender front to give a symetrical look. Also, if I made the fenders blunt, it would take away from the width of the drop section.
I was worried about the drop section being at too much of an angle and looking stupid, but, I figured the angles around it like the headlight slope and the windshield angle and proposed angle of the drop section, and they all matched at 30 degrees. So, with so many same angles and symmetry, the math alone said it was a gamble worth taking that it would look good.

Really all I do is work and work on the car. Never really sit still. My car habit is more of a serious addiction and just something that I feel compelled to do. Been that way since I was old enough to start reading books on cars.
I think my gf is the real hero. She comes out in the garage to visit, and is fine with it. I was working on car all day today, took a break to go see a movie with her and dinner, now we are back and I am heading to the garage again. Haha.

Soooo... Ugh dumb question... How you gonna secure it to a trailer from the front?

Covered. From the screw in tow hook I will be putting at the base of the windshield hooked to the main chassis. This is one of the main reasons I cut the center of the hood so deep to put vents in it. The last vent at base of windshield will be held in by dzus or other type of fastener so it can easily be removed and reveal the rubber grommet in the body that you remove to reveal the nut that you install the screw in tow hook into. The tow hook will be part of my "emergency pack" for the car. :thumbsup:

And you thought I would overlook such a detail!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Finally got the upper transition figured out and set. I am sure the design isn't everyones cut of tea, but for me, it is really working! going to look straight nasty going down the road!

It is always fun doing the first side. Not so much when I have to do the passenger side! Atleast I have measurements and direction for it now.

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!!

I don't know what it'll do to the aero, if anything, but, who cares!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Might be a bit of nostalgia on my part, but these pics have a touch of the "Donald Campbell" about them ... those glory days of the fastest car/driver on the planet? Something between that and a Batmobile :thumbsup:

Nice work, Scott

bn1IZbr.png

Di089GZ.png

Just can't wait to see it finished.

Back