Scotts build thread

I do not know about the diffuser just hanging down like that. I am one to go along and watch what you do and in the end it comes out nice, but that is really distracting to the eye and just looks wrong for some reasons. I do like the long tail and curve you have there. What about a higher diffuser on the sides and lower in the middle integrated into the design more than the just hanging out like that? Maybe shorter or something. I am not sure right now, but there has to be a good solution there.

BTW- Without the roof scoop looks much better I think and I also planned on taking it of all along.

All I am doing with these pics is getting rough proportional shapes. Diffuser will not be that wide, and about 6" shorter or so. It will have 2 main recessed areas that will extend to the front of the transmission. Check out the back of a P1 to get the general look.
There is so much more happening with it yet, so not even close to wrapping it up. I finally had to realize that I can see through this stuff and picture the final car from these pics, but nobody can see the picture i create in my mind. Hahaa. Putting the pics up for myself is a good way for me to step back for a second and make sure I am on the right track. It looks absolutely nutty in person, but sometimes that vision can get skewed if you don't pull away from the car subjectively.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey, Scott...how about a photo (with good lighting!) taken dead-on from the rear??? :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Hey, Scott...how about a photo (with good lighting!) taken dead-on from the rear??? :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

I wish I could. Lol. If I push it too far forward, it will get to terminal velocity down my driveway! No brakes and steering isn't even currently hooked up. Lol
As the back end gets further along I will find a way to get some pics though. I have the finished product in my head, and it is wicked!! :thumbsup:

hey scott, you gonna make any changes to the sides? I always thought it was a bit unbalanced with big vent behind the front wheels, and smaller one with weird angles in the back.

hey scott, you gonna make any changes to the sides? I always thought it was a bit unbalanced with big vent behind the front wheels, and smaller one with weird angles in the back.

I have already opened the back ones up to about double the original size. More changes may come. One thing at a time. Lol.

So, the price is back from the wheel cutter. $3400 for a set of 19x11 and 19x14. That includes the programming time to make my one off wheel. That is for 3 piece. Same barrels, same center forgings as HRE etc, just no name mark up of $3-4,000 for them to order it from a company like LBForged. They cut for quite a few of the big names, but will work with the public.
Center caps will be custom cut with the cars name. Will get these cracking soon. Very excited!

Wheels make or break a car. $3400 for a set of one off forged billets is below half price. Look up a price of ADV1 wheels. They price depending on the car it is for. You have a new Ferrari? $12,000 a set! Same forgings, same barrels, no tuv rating even. HRE's would be more than double the cost also and no chance of a custom one off.
If you want your car to look good above the rest, invest in your wheels! I cringe at car shows seeing guys dump $200,000 into a car, only to finish them off with a $1,000 set of wheels.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Wheels make or break a car. $3400 for a set of one off forged billets is below half price. Look up a price of ADV1 wheels. They price depending on the car it is for. You have a new Ferrari? $12,000 a set! Same forgings, same barrels, no tuv rating even. HRE's would be more than double the cost also and no chance of a custom one off.
If you want your car to look good above the rest, invest in your wheels! I cringe at car shows seeing guys dump $200,000 into a car, only to finish them off with a $1,000 set of wheels.

All quite true. My lotto ticket comment was a veiled (and obviously 'failed') attempt at levity...

$3400 is a drop in the bucket when compared to some of the wheels out there. For instance, the Sang Noir wheel option on a Veyron runs (ran? Is it even an option anymore?), what, $120,000 or so extra??? But, then again, any wheel one might want to put on a Veyron would have to be capable of 250+ m.p.h., so... :D

Shoot, believe it or not, the 'factory option' aluminum wheels on my lowly daily driver 'list' for $650 each! :undecided:

Last edited:
$3400 is an awesome price. I may need to know who you are purchasing from. lol

Here ya go guys, I shared this link with the Viper guys too years ago. Wheels are so limited for that car with the 6 bolt pattern, you will pay through the nose from name brand companies. If it wasn't for the programming needed, my wheels would only cost about $2900 for the sizes I am getting. He has approx 500 wheel designs on file, shouldn't be hard to find one you like. :laugh:

LB Forged Wheels

There is only a handful of companies that make the forged billets and barrels that everyone uses for their wheels no matter the brand name. So quality and strength are not compromised. He is just a hidden manufacturer behind quite a few of the popular names out there, but will work with the public.

Thanks, Scott! 100% spot on regarding the wheels --- ADV.1's wheels are manufactured for them here in socal by wtw corp.

Hi Scott

Really been enjoying the development of your build.
are you prepared to share the wheel design you've chosen?
Aren't your current wheels the 18" (front & Rear) CCW's? Does that mean the CCW's will be up for sale?

cheers
Stuart

Hi Scott

Really been enjoying the development of your build.
are you prepared to share the wheel design you've chosen?
Aren't your current wheels the 18" (front & Rear) CCW's? Does that mean the CCW's will be up for sale?

cheers
Stuart

Yes, I will be putting them up for sale. Tires are old, but it has always been inside, and never driven. Pilot Sport Cups 295f and 345r.

Thanks for the response.
I was asking if you would share the design as others might be interested in the ordering the same design? well, not in your wheel widths and thus probably wouldn't assist you with any costs saving.

I might be interested in the CCW's. Would you be interested in shipping the CCW's to Australia? or might be easier to ship them to Fran and he can send them onto me with some other parts I'm considering.

Back