Scotts build thread

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Scott - are you using some sort of putty or body filler for your mockup?
It's looking nice!

The 'wing' between the fenders ties in nicely. That 'fixes' whatever it was about the tail that I was not crazy about. Keep up the great work!

PS. The diffuser, as is, is going to drive you nuts when it comes to ground clearance.

Scott - are you using some sort of putty or body filler for your mockup?
It's looking nice!

Using polystyrene sheets from home depot (they really are the cheapest I could find) for the main bulk of it and for shaping, then sheetrock mud or plaster to cover it and further refine.
I am just laminating over the pieces, then pulling piece to then be the final part. Then finish outside of it.

The 'wing' between the fenders ties in nicely. That 'fixes' whatever it was about the tail that I was not crazy about. Keep up the great work!

PS. The diffuser, as is, is going to drive you nuts when it comes to ground clearance.

Ya, it definately adds something. Could be more of a "street version" also if a guy didn't want to add the larger wing too. Will get to making it soon.
The diffuser is a touch higher than the rest of the car. The shadow makes it look super low. One reason I also wanted to get rid of the larger outside corners of the first version. This one I should not need to worry about. The overhang/slope is less than front, so if front can make it over stuff, the rear will easily follow.

Here is a few pics showing sort of full mock up. Much more detail will be added, like vents in multiple spots and other stuff. If you can see through the multiy colors and imagine it finished, I think it will have the right balance of supercar and race car for the look I was after.

Ugh. Endless hours of getting mold ready. Atleast my sheetrocking skills are shining! Taking alot of time getting it symmetrical. Every section of it is compound contoured with hardly any reference points to go from except center and lots of level and angle finder marks. It is getting close though.
I had some garage floor 1 part epoxy sitting here. So tried it over the gypsum/foam bed and it did not melt foam at all. Free to me and is working awesome to seal it and be able to adhere my wrap to it right before covering in fg.

Wanted to work on something else for a bit. Made a kind of forehead for where the windshield and roof meet. Since my roof scoop is gone, I can make that a smooth transition. I need to get air closer to roofline for my engine air scoop in the rear. This will do it in a very simple piece.

^ Me either. It definately has a presence in person.

I love it when the weather is hot. Laminated this up 1.5 hours ago, and it is already cured, trimmed, and nearly ready to install. Wish all parts went this quick.

Any news on the wheels?

They did not have the exact concave forgings I needed to get the size and offset I wanted. Instead of picking a different one, they ordered the correct ones for my wheels, and they should be here in another week.
It has been killing me!!!!!! The extra time has allowed me to change my mind like 4 times and now in an utter mess of trying to choose from 3 different designs. Lol. I am pretty amazed that they have had as much patience with me as they have. Haha. Very good company to work with though, and they get people changing their minds all the time.
Hopefully just another 2 weeks before I can have in hand. Going to make the last minute clutch decision on the final design once they have the forgings in hand.

Kept going with the last one, and the more it was finished the more questionable it was. So, here is the next. Still working on it, but the side profile really needs the drop down behind rear fender. Only way to even out the atrium.
Cut off little protrusion that was in front of rear tire. It flows to the back abit better now.
Thought I would try some cheap round tail lights. Might be able to look really good with stainless trim rings. Area behind light, will all be open and vent around either tail light choices. There will also be amny cut outs on the rear side of fenders.

Michael Fling

Supporter
Kept going with the last one, and the more it was finished the more questionable it was. So, here is the next. Still working on it, but the side profile really needs the drop down behind rear fender. Only way to even out the atrium.
Cut off little protrusion that was in front of rear tire. It flows to the back abit better now.
Thought I would try some cheap round tail lights. Might be able to look really good with stainless trim rings. Area behind light, will all be open and vent around either tail light choices. There will also be amny cut outs on the rear side of fenders.

I like the round taillights with your design much better!

Thanks Michael. I hate to say it, since I could have chosen the round ones like a year ago(!), but I think I can make them look better than the rectangle ones. Both have the neon tube look when lights are on which I like. I can make some nice bezels, and use the same front drl neon tubes for both turn signal and back up lights. They can do both white and amber output in the same tube. that could go in an alum channel.
Should look pretty good all gussied up.

Scott, You are insane crazy with your ability to carry out these ideas you get, good for you. It sure is fun to watch. Keep up the cool work. Like I said fun to watch.

Hey Ken. At this point, the car is 14'5". Currently, it is pretty close to the same length as previous, since wing was mounted so far back originally. I have yet to decide wing placement (or the actual wing) for this design. With adding a little to the front splitter, I think it will be safe to say it could come in at about 15', maybe less depending on rear wing placement.

Back