Scotts build thread

Just found out about your thread. Looks like we're in much the same boat LOL Just can't leave things alone as they were designed (Ford has a better idea?). Aint foam grand? Been way remodeling my Lotus Europa ala Lola T70/Chevron B16. Check out my thread My Lotus Build in wings, wheels & keels. Much more old school looking than your up to date design.

Been super busy with work lately, but here is a few pics. It balances pretty good I think. Mocking up the wing it looks flat out wicked! Working on that next, and spend time wrapping up all of my loose ends. Not sure how much further I will go with the body, I can have it running by summer if I stop. And that is tempting!

Not that my opinion matters but I like it as is. I vote to get it running by summer.

I know you mentioned cutting roof off at one point, I never like open air cars so I support this version.

Kevin

Bat Man Bat Man da da da LOL Looks very cool. Leave it alone if you keep fooling around with it you'l never finish it (ask me how I know LOL). Second guessing yourself can drive you crazy.

Not that my opinion matters but I like it as is. I vote to get it running by summer.

I know you mentioned cutting roof off at one point, I never like open air cars so I support this version.

Kevin

I hear ya. It doesn't look bad right now. :)
I was actually looking at doing a targa. So roof on, roof off, not a permanently open car.
If you look at the Maserati mc12 and the Ferrari FXX, you can see all the advantages of adopting that type of roof line and windshield shape. Advantages in safety (room for full halo roll bar), vision (every other car in the world has the windshield end either even with steering wheel or even further back, NOT far ahead of steering wheel), roll up windows, removable targa top, 2"more head room, 1" lower roof line (3" lower if you count roof scoop) and you can space seats a little further towards outsides, easier wiper set up, lower angle of windshield, and better engine clearance. All of that with better aero properties too. Ya, ergonomics is HUGE to me. I have a windshield manufacturer lined up and the design is sketched out ready to go.
I am thinking I should be saving that for my next project though.

yes the body mods scream benz and a silver arrow inspired paint scheme would look great on it.

I want to see the Benz motor in this thing. :)

Well, the plan is all laid out and parts found. Also talked with one of my tuner buddies that builds Motec packages for lots of mile cars, and he can do the ecu set up for about $4k less than the other stand alone.
I did make sense financially to do it if I was going to yank 1000hp out of the 1UZ I currently have. But, if I keep it around 500-600hp, I will only need rods and pistons and have nearly everything else to finish right now.

It will happen, just not 100% sure in this car yet or not.

This is such a wicked looking machine. Did you say it's going to be a street machine? If so you might need to register it with the local Police as a deadly weapon LOL Going to give little old ladies a heart attack just setting still LOL

This is such a wicked looking machine. Did you say it's going to be a street machine? If so you might need to register it with the local Police as a deadly weapon LOL Going to give little old ladies a heart attack just setting still LOL

Lol, it will be hilarious driving it down the road. Ya, I am more of a street machine type of guy. With track flexibility ofcourse.

Ya, I am more of a street machine type of guy.

Me too I like to be able to use them more than just on the track. Besides ego is a fun thing. So you cab see all the people looking at your car LOL

The loose ends-

Small hexagon mesh for fender vents. Just hot glued in for the shaping, will get full perimeter bead of silicone in final install after paint.

Getting diffuser mounted. Still to create outer supports. Wing and hinges will all stack on this rear frame section. Wing will be mounted onto rear clam, and hinge with rear. Downforce will go through hinges and also have stops. Will make sence once I get further with it. Body openings will get a larger hexagon mesh material.

Rear fender vents almost done.

Roof contour finalized. I just mixed up some resin and added my own 1/4" fg strand with lots of microspheres. You just keep forming it as it gels and hardens into the shape you want.

Finally installed the splitter add on piece I made a few months ago. 1/4" ply with a layer of fg on each side. Fully epoxied to original piece. My first line of defense!

I'm not sure I would epoxy it solid. I think mechanical attachment (screws) might be better. That way you can change it out if/when it gets banged up & scratched. Which you know it will from those cement stops in parking lots etc. Kind of a sacrificial piece to protect the rest of the front end. Coming along dandy.

Back