Scotts build thread

Nothing lately. I did just spend 9 days cleaning garage though, and getting ready to get going again. Amazing how a nice clean work area can boost your spirits!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I did just spend 9 days cleaning garage though...Amazing how a nice clean work area can boost your spirits!

No kidding. I just cleaned up/straightened up my office...'experienced the same effect!

Prior to that, the place looked like a bomb had gone off in there...:lipsrsealed:

No kidding. I just cleaned up/straightened up my office...'experienced the same effect!

Prior to that, the place looked like a bomb had gone off in there...:lipsrsealed:

Ya, I had 10 years of dust build up, old paints, extra building materials stuffed in every corner. I could only fit the SLC in a 3 car garage. Now, I can actually pull in 2 more cars! Only problem is, now I started looking at the front of one of my cars, and am fed up with all of the rock chips on it. Soooo, I may need to repaint the front before getting on the SLC. Lol.
So many projects, so little time. My Protouring 67 Camaro also needs to come back home over the next month or two, further giving me birds eye view of more projects!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ya, I had 10 years of dust build up, old paints, extra building materials stuffed in every corner. I could only fit the SLC in a 3 car garage. Now, I can actually pull in 2 more cars! Only problem is, now I started looking at the front of one of my cars, and am fed up with all of the rock chips on it. Soooo, I may need to repaint the front before getting on the SLC. Lol.
So many projects, so little time. My Protouring 67 Camaro also needs to come back home over the next month or two, further giving me birds eye view of more projects!

'Just sent your illustrious self a "p.m."...

L.

Since garage is cleaned out, I can get a little better perspective on the car, especially the profile. I really like the new profile lines of the spine, so it is staying, just need to get to making it out of fg and not pink foam.

Thanks David. The tape lines are tracing out ideas, so ya, possible future cuts. With all of my radiator and a/c lines down low, I can cut that outline out, recess the area about 4" before running into anything like door latches, hinges, or anything else. It would taper starting at about 2" behind the front tire, and go to 4" at rear opening. I think it would add a ton of depth to the sides and much better at getting air to the rear side heat exchangers.
It would be quite a bit of work, but doable. Just trying to decide if it should have really radiused corners or more square. I would like to do a big curvy thing, but all of the body lines on the car are actually pretty sharp, or about 2" radius.
The tape on the engine cover will for sure be vents similar to the style I did on the fender tops.

A tapered, radiused inset....definitely not fiberglass 101, but if anybody can accomplish it and make it look good, I'd bet on you. Time to drag out the old boat hull!

Joel K

Supporter
Scott, I spent 3 hours last night going through your build thread. Just amazing the work you put into your SLC and the end result looks great.

Scott
I have a CL65 which I upgraded wiith a Speedriven ecu/tcu tune and its a day and night difference in the way it shifts as well as the throttle response. 12K is actually very good for complete standalone with wiring harness for that motor.
I paid close to 20K to get my Audi R8 motor tuned on a Standalone with a motorsports wiring harness for the SLC.

You’ve done a Audi R8 v10 in an slc? I’m trying to find info.

Back