Scotts build thread

Wow, nice job! From the front it looks similar to this Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003S. A cool 2 million euros

Thanks Cam. Very happy to hear that you see a resemblance. I hold the SCG003 as probably the most beautiful, and highly designed car that is out right now. That car is stunning from every single angle.

Wheeeeew! 'Relieved to hear that. The 'P-51ish' scoop has never struck me as fitting/blending with/complimenting the rest of the car's lines. It's the only thing on the car right now that doesn't IMHO. So, great minds think alike once again! :2thumbsup:

Are you still considering the 'louvers' (for want of a better term) on the sides of the engine cover? 'Would probably look 'killer'. :pleased: 'Will look good either way, though.

Yup, I feel the same way. A couple friends let me know it also. Haha. I did blend it in on the outside, but it isn't fully cut out and bonded inside. Mostly due to the fact I wasn't sure it would stay. I was tired of building them at the time. That was #5 version. Once rear wing and all other parts are mounted, I will give it a go again.
Like the SCG003 mentioned above, I love the rear portion of their deck lid, and may do something similar.

Me three on that scoop, pleased you are reconsidering that part.

I'll toss this out as a possible starting point, maybe give it slightly more curvature on the top surface, maybe blend the rear slope of it out longer down the spine (?)

Attachments

• 1120758651lb.jpg
    1120758651lb.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 600
Me three on that scoop, pleased you are reconsidering that part.

I'll toss this out as a possible starting point, maybe give it slightly more curvature on the top surface, maybe blend the rear slope of it out longer down the spine (?)

Once the rear wing is mounted, I can get alot better idea of what will look best to fit in the space. I still really like the rear fin idea. More similar to the scg003 though, than a true LMP car. I believe you were mentioning something like that awhile back.

Where it all started.....

I certainly took that a different direction! Haha. I wonder if mine is the original body. I figured out the yellow must have been a wrap. I am thinking my center section was replaced at some point. The returns are certainly different. My front and rear clam reveals where they meet the center section was a bit wonky too, making me think corrections were made to some of the pieces.
Much has changed on mine since those pics!

I'll say it again, when you are done please sell what you have done as a body kit for those of us that can't do this.

Will see interest when done. It is to the point now that the front could be a direct swap, but the rear would take some modification to fit at the roof to work. Not hard though. The rear could also just be an add on piece that could be grafted in.
I found a place that can mold it, and they also do alot of airplane parts too. So, it could be made in either chop gun, hand laid fg, hand laid cf, or prepreg cf from the same mold. Would cost about $35,000 to have the first cf body and molds.
At that price, I am not sure i would mold this body without changing roof, windshield, and sides also.

Got all of the repairs done, lift shocks in, and back installed again. The 120# are WAY to strong. Have a set of 75# and 45# coming. I'm glad I took the time to make this type of hinge. Excellent access to everything, yet doesn't protrude too far behind car.
I realize the clam will have the ability to bounce with this type of hinge. So I found some solenoid operated door latches on ebay. I can wire the latches up to buttons inside of the car, and "pop" the front or back to open. Might add a little weight, but I think the security and ease of use is worth it.

Have been working alot lately. Managing to find time here and there though. Sometimes a little break is good. Got a fresh design idea for the rear and went back to the rear spine idea.
I think this is the winner. Looks just wicked in person. The wing will pivot on the center spine, and then by the ends down to the body, so the blocks of foam holding it up will not be there. Just try to picture them gone. Can also do an led 3rd brake light vertically in the rear of the spine. The scoops will get lengthened abit, but very similar in design when done.
Also, toyed with some finishes on the front wings. Carbon and blue fg, then a misting of dark blue pearl over it. Thinking that may be my accent finish. Hard to take pic of though.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I dunno Scott....
Frankly, I think it detracts from the work you've done.
Point in fact, when they started adding those stabilizers to the cars, they took a turn away from aerodynamic elegance...
Just my opinion though and it is your car and only needs to please you!

I dunno Scott....
Frankly, I think it detracts from the work you've done.
Point in fact, when they started adding those stabilizers to the cars, they took a turn away from aerodynamic elegance...
Just my opinion though and it is your car and only needs to please you!

I'm on this bandwagon too. To me it makes the back look chunky in side profile, where it had elegance previously.

In person, it cured a ton of problems I had with the side view. The car is now more properly balanced front to rear. It also splits the air scoop in two, so it stands out far less. The trough created at the base of the engine cover looked bad from many views, this lifts that up and splits it in two, making the negative impacts of it go away.
Bold move, but I think it now fits the rest of the car much better and brought it up to a more modern look also. Again, my opinion, but I am also able to see it in person and from all angles and visualize final part and colors. Those blocks the wing is sitting on will not be there. It is only holding the wing so I can get a visual height. The wing will attach on ends down to body, so that area will be open where the support blocks are now.
I think the SCG003 is one of the most highly styled cars that has been produced as of late, and the swooping backbone of it is probably my favorite part. If you like vintage, you probably won't like this. If you like modern, this is fitting the bill.

Your opinion is also really the only one that truly matters, but the rest of us like to live vicariously through your adventures.

Scott. I agree with you on the SCG003S being one of the sexiest cars to come out in a very long time. I think you are on the right path there. I do have 4 thoughts on it. 1-I think if you paint in the black it will not pull your eye towards it in a negative way to distract from the view so you can see a real representation of what it will look like. 2- I think it is too tall. If you look at the SCG003s it is much lower and flows into the rear area where yours sticks up. The SCG looks like it sticks up more because the rear sides around the center are much lower like the Ford GT is back there. 3- The rear roof scoops really make things hard and distract from the entire flow of the car. I think you can see that also based on all the things you have done to try to hide them. Is there a way to take them away and get rid of them or is that a must have item? 4- What about an integrated rear wing just like the SCG003 has and not a tall wing?
BTW- Great work and inspiring me each day to get my car done and do my body mods.
20170410_201242_zpsnvuz0aal.jpg

SCG003S_at_Geneva_4.jpg

Back