sell a car into Europe, Canada?

Dwight

RCR GT 40 Gulf Livery 347 Eight Stack injection
I have a Cobra that is 27 years old. What counties would accept it?

Randy, I don't know if this is the correct forum to post this question. Move it or do what you have to.

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
Hello, there is a good article in the sept/oct issue of TKC magazine. Look into CCK Kempten
www.cck-kempten.de
Its an interesting read, not easy even with a TUV. But could be possible due to the age of your Cobra. The Kitcar window closed end of 1992 in Germany and TUV.
Cars registered after that will struggle. More in the article.. good luck
Morten

Dwight

Let me get back with you on the price later. I have to check a couple of things. But I am looking for a fast sell.

What documentation would I need to sell out of county?

Dwight

My Unique Cobra was manufactured in June of 1992.
It has a 1965 427 side oiler, bored and stroked to 487 cubic inches by Keith Craft making 618 hp and 632 tq on the engine dyno. 9.5 to 1 compression making it easy to drive on the street on pump gas.
It has a Jag rear end with 3.54 gears and a TKO 3550. Car has a little over 23,000 miles with a great paint job. I would have to check my records but I think the motor has about 5,000 miles on it.
Would this car be acceptable for sale over seas?

Dwight

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I sold my first GT40 a 1993 KVA to Canada, I had documentation of first VIN issue and registration that new owner was able to use to prove it was over 15 years old and admissible prior to consummating sale.

Dwight

I talked to Allen Weaver with Unique and he said my car was build June of 1992.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dwight, for Canada the date of first road registration is the key (likely for elsewhere also). Anything over 15 years old is easy to import into Canada without major headaches. Different European countries have different regulations, so the answer you seek won't be a one rule fits all answer. Good luck with the car sale.

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
Not relevant to you if you have paperwork to show the 1992 build/registration, but Transport Canada are wise to the '1965' registration that comes with replica GT40's and Cobras and hence focus on proof of first registration date.

Back