SL-C Engine Cover for LS Engines

Thought some of you guys might be interested in the engine cover that I have available for the GTM's. This is the "Mike DeGuire" engine cover I have listed on my website under the "Custom GTM Parts" section. I realize that you guys are probably not interested in the big FF5 logo in the4 middle, but I'm thinking it would not be too difficult to come up with your own emblem to put there.......I could supply a "blank" round piece of stainless (same as the other inserts on the cover) and you could have it engraved with the RCR logo?

1101200012.jpg

1101200024.jpg

Yes, the flash and digital camera do some strange things with the CF weave, but I assure you that these are near perfection when seen in person.

If you look, you'll see that these covers extend over the throttle body, and the front of the cover only goes up to about the middle of the front coil pack on the LH bank, so it leaves the front couple of inches of the engine un-covered (to clear the rear bulkhead on the GTM.......I believe the SL-C would be similar clearance-wise. The cover has plenty of clearance under it for aftermarket fuel rails (the car in the photo has Trick-flow fuel rails). I have these available in both Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber, as well as fiberglass/black gel-coat. The covers come with the stainless steel inserts shown in the photos. I envision the "dimples" on the top surface to be drilled out and filled with some nice stainless button-head 1/4-20 bolts, just for looks. :) Prices for them are:

$439 for CF
$349 for fg/Gel-coat

There is a bit of lead time on these from the time you order until they're completed. If you're interested, please contact me by email under the Contact page of my website. Thanks!

Shane,

Nice design. Would make a nice cover for those SLC's intended for street for sure. Do you have an LS7 Version (ie., no filler cutout for dry sump engines)?

Sorry, but no dedicated LS7 Cover. You could always buy an oil filler cap and epoxy it in the hole. :) I've already got enough invested in time and tooling for this thing that I'm going to have to sell about 30 of them just to break even.....so making 2 different versions was not in the cards.

Roberto
I have the solid model and CNC programme for cutting the rear window louvres should anyone want them...
They will be available in FG or Carbon...no prices as yet...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Frankly I think it's a pity that most of today's engines are so hideous looking that you have to throw a bag over it's head...

I've seen lately a rather sparse but growing out-cropping of old-school flavor valve covers for the LSx engines.. Maybe there's hope yet!

I like the look of the raw coil packs and fuel rails. Coated the OEM valve covers red. Looks awsome IMO.

Yes, it's definitely a matter of personal taste. Some like to "see the beast" under the hood, while some like to have more of a modern "production car/finished" look like I think this cover provides. While I don't think the stock LS engines are much to look at, as Molleur said, I think you can make them look pretty sexy with some carefully painted parts, like valve covers and intakes.

Shane, I totally agree that is is a matter of personal taste. I also do know that a few of the SL-C guy's are looking into CF covers, etc. Your's is very well done.

Jack Molleur

I think you can make them look pretty sexy with some carefully painted parts, like valve covers and intakes.

Either that, or stick one of that them there carberateur devices on it to draw the attention to it ;)

Btw, I've been meaning to ask (as a side curiosity), but does a carb fit in a GTM? I don't believe I've ever seen somebody using one in that application.

It looks like there should be plenty of room for a carb on a GTM. I don't know of any in use either, but it looks like there should be plenty of room as long as you don't get into anything too unusually tall in terms of intake or carb.

Back