SLC 36 Cam's Build

Took the SLC to Pro Tuning Performance, PTP, in Fort Worth Pro Tuning Performance - Dallas Fort Worth's Premier Road Race Performance Center - Homepage

They specialize in tuning for the track. I wasn't too far off considering i took off all control arms. I had a little positive camber in the back, not bad +.06 to .03. and a littel toe in in the front but that's now tuned out. Here is a pic on the $75,000 Hunter rack, brand new, amazing. Supposedly the best in town, they ordered more options than the Ferrari rack.

Attachments

• Hunter rack.jpg
    Hunter rack.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 598
Got a care package from RCR with my masters. They built up well. Had to cut oof about an inch of the master rods because i put the masters inside the car. I've got to figure out how to mount that standard LS Drive by wire to the RCR gas pedal. BTW, the 5/16 jam nuts are fine thread. the master cyliner fasteners are 8mm.

I've got just the 1 thin washer in and I've been moving my balance bar to put more braking to the fronts. My rears have been locking up, so I'll keep inching forward until i get equal lock. At least thats what ive been told. Any expert opinion would be very welcome.

I may have swapped the wilwood washer in that pic. Uhh, i lost them for a while but thats how my garage works. i lose parts for a few weeks, buy new ones then the ones i lost show up!

Hrete is where the alignemnet was left. We ran out of time on the front camber. i was shooting for -1 but left it at -2.5. Also i need ot crank the left rear camber out. otherwise pretty happy. Any one see any concerns?

Attachments

• tow after.jpg
    tow after.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 339

Howard Jones

Supporter
That seams alike a lot of neg camber in the fronts for a street car. What does Fran recomend for a starting point setup? I would have guessed about -1 degree on the fronts and about a -.5 on the rears as a first setup.

The rest looks OK to me.

That seams alike a lot of neg camber in the fronts for a street car. What does Fran recomend for a starting point setup? I would have guessed about -1 degree on the fronts and about a -.5 on the rears as a first setup.

The rest looks OK to me.
Howard, it is a littel more -camber than we wanted but it got too late to finish. I'm trying to bring the car out to Texas motorsport ranch to track in 3 weeks. I'll take the 1st run like it is and pull it more positive.

Thats a good way to ruin a set of tyres and not have the grip and feel the car should have...

-1 would be much better in front and -0.75 in rear to start...

Fran,
What do you recommend as starting alignment settings for the wide Michelin meats? Front toe/rear toe? Caster?

Too much rear toe destroys tires for sure ... the stock NSX settings were murder on tires for instance... but then it didn't have any trailing 'porsche' throttle oversteer either.

Back