SLC 36 Cam's Build

So since we're all talking about alignments now, what are the "official" starting specs for the sl-c for street use?

So far we've got

-1 camber front
-.75 camber rear

? caster front
? caster rear

? front toe
? rear toe

This is form the thread from the run and gun last year.

-1 camber front
-.75 camber rear

5.5 caster front
1/16" toe out front toe
1/16" toe out rear toe<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The caster came factory set at 5.6/5.9. I need to play with that to.

GT40's have "coil of snakes" exhaust. Now I've got a coil for the fuel system. I added a swirl pot. I'm trying to get this car on the track 2/19/20. If i got below 1/2 tank and took a 1g+ left hander or hard brake, i'd get cut out. I got it runnning last night around 2am. it took a while to purge out all the air but the idle and throttle response is as before only g-force resistant. I'll try to dig up a drawing.

Attachments

• Swirl pot1.jpg
    Swirl pot1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 455
Thanks to Wayne for this drawing. You basically separate the air off the top, hopefully swirling a vortex of air and sending it back to your storage tank. i had to reduce .bmp's to 138 kb, so it might not be useful.

Attachments

• Fuel Plumbing sm.bmp
    99.4 KB · Views: 357
Looks to me like the fuel pressure regulator (fpr) is plumbed in wrong in that diagram. Not sure about LS's (are they return-less systems as shown in the diagram), but the feed from the swirl pot usually goes directly to the fuel rails, either plumbed in series or parallel and then to the fpr and finally returning back to back to the swirl pot.

Looks to me like the fuel pressure regulator (fpr) is plumbed in wrong in that diagram. Not sure about LS's (are they return-less systems as shown in the diagram), but the feed from the swirl pot usually goes directly to the fuel rails, either plumbed in series or parallel and then to the fpr and finally returning back to back to the swirl pot.

There was a huge debate about this on the gtm forums I think - it was like 50% felt the fpr goes before the regulator, 50% felt the fpr goes after the regulator.

There are about 6 LS powered SLCs plumbed exactly as in my diagram and all is good (with single input to fuel rails). Because the stock LS does not provide a return from fuel rails, it is accomplished thru the FPR.

Alex, re-read your last post. ?????

Alex, re-read your last post. ?????

There was a topic on the GTM forums about where the fuel regulator goes in the setup - it seemed like 50% of people thought it went before, 50% after (so regulator, fuel rail or fuel rail, regulator)

There are about 6 LS powered SLCs plumbed exactly as in my diagram and all is good (with single input to fuel rails). Because the stock LS does not provide a return from fuel rails, it is accomplished thru the FPR.
It is indeed a return-less system then. I did not know that.
The only LS series I have seen plumbed and taken notice of have aftermarket fuel rails and are plumbed the conventional way as I described.

I put the Pyle camera/ monitor in and it is pretty good. I wired it on all the time and it sorta doubels as a rear view mirror. but back up camera were designed to look 20 to 40 ft behingd you. the image gets blurry 50 to 100ft, but better than nada. I got the 380x60 TV lines which ain't great resolutoin. Pyle now has 420 lines but I'd bet there are XVGA cameras out there. OH, in the pic is my superbowl prediction. Green Bay +7, but you can barely read it.

Attachments

• camera2.jpg
    camera2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 498
One more thing about the camera. I'll have to bury it just below the headliner when i put that in. Right now the monitor at 4" x 9" doesn't obstruct the view but it'll be lowered by the headliner, so it may be a bit big.

The HUD has was worth putting in. I don't have the reflective sticker on but you still see it pretty well. You get a bit of a double image due to front/backside reflection off the glass that really isn't too bad. the image is also a bit small due to the short distance from dash to windshield but the 3 tach colors makes it easy to follow. It's a little hard to see during the day, at night it is REAL Bright. I just wired in the speed and i need to calibrate.

Attachments

• HUD1.jpg
    HUD1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 515
BTW, the digidash is very accurate for speed. you type in your tire diameter and drivetrain into the laptop and it figures the rest. It's only off by about 1mph, low, in the school zones.

I put the Pyle camera/ monitor in and it is pretty good. I wired it on all the time and it sorta doubels as a rear view mirror. but back up camera were designed to look 20 to 40 ft behingd you. the image gets blurry 50 to 100ft, but better than nada. I got the 380x60 TV lines which ain't great resolutoin. Pyle now has 420 lines but I'd bet there are XVGA cameras out there. OH, in the pic is my superbowl prediction. Green Bay +7, but you can barely read it.

That monitor is kind of um, big, lol =)

Had the car on its 1st track day last weekend. Eagles Canyon in N TX. Fun track, alot of elevation change and blind corners. Here's a utube of one of the 1st laps, then the camera died. go figure....

YouTube - RCR SLC turn 11.avi

Attachments

• Track out   flat.JPG
    Track out flat.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 461
Back