slc Ls 376 and grazziano

Mike both ends, not a big deal they are held in place with silicone or some type of light adhesive and they will pop right off........Fran cable end news?

Dave have what is your status on the shifter cables for the grazziano? I have not had a chance to get to mine. It looks like the parts from Fran must be on back order, and as I am getting close It looks like I may have to go a diffrent route. I dont think anyone else is that far along.........m

Can anyone provide any advice as to Graziano transaxle oil coolers?

i.e. How should they be plumbed and what kind of cooler/radiator is required?

I have a dry sump setup and it looks like the best location for the oil tank is going to be in the space beside the right side air scoop, so this will limit possible engine/transaxle cooler locations to the left side scoop or the rear (street tail) of the car.

Dave, the cooler does not have to sit in the airflow to work well...

In the race 01 car we mounted them at the rear of the car beside the rear of the transaxle...in many events we didn't actually run a cooler just a pump to circulate the oil and return it to the trans.

Is a cooler necessary? are they used in the lambo or audi ? I would think yes on a track car or at least a gauge monitoring temp. But if not a serious track car or a combo street/club race car is it needed. what would be to high of an oil temp?

OK finally these little beasts arrived this lunchtime. (weeks late but beyond my control..:veryangry:)..they will be shipping out to all in need within the next 24hrs.

Attachments

• graz ends1.jpg
    graz ends1.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 400
  • graz ends2.jpg
    graz ends2.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 316
Has anyone tried the cable ends? They are plastic seem pretty light they have some rubber in them and I am sure are made for softer feeling while shifting, I think they will work ok in a street car but I am not sure on a track or combo. I have adjusted my cables as best I can with the bracket supplied the cables are two long, I will have to change the bracket to get enough room if I am going to use the plastic hiems[stock ones].
The one cable/hiem will hit the trailing/adjusting arm that goes from the chassis x-member above the engine down to the frame upright, it looks like I may have to move those brackets, I figured this was going to be a problem even if I ended up using a smaller steal hiem joint for connection of the cable to the grazziano.
Has anyone gotten this far yet and come up with the same issues?

Does the Grazziano have an Output Shaft Speed (OSS) or Vehicle Shaft Speed Output (VSS)? I don't see toothed wheel on halfshafts in pics.
Mike

Howard Jones

Supporter
Oil cooler on transaxle? It mostly depends on the length of time the car will be driven at track speeds. It takes a while to heat up a transaxle because its all friction generated heat. Yes, the amount of torque put through the gearbox produces the friction and so is related. More = more. Still I think you will be fine with 30 min runs and < 500 ft lbs.

But time is the really important variable. IMHO I would pump oil around for a open track car running 30 min sessions or less much as Fran as said and run a cooler in the system if the races were more than 2 hours.

The last variable is the type of limited slip. The friction types with clutches make more heat than the torque sensing types like Quaife.

Street cars don't need one.......... period.

Mike I saw that as well. I think he may be the first We were in the first group to get the grazianos but our SLC has been sitting up on one of the lifts in the shop due to other projects landing on the front burners. I am hoping to get it back into the line as we are ready to wire it and have it run. The issis wiring seems to be pretty straight forward and if truly a plug and play system it will be a nice change........mahlon

I received the cable ends from RCR a couple of weeks ago. One of the ends fit fine (the one that snaps over the ball joint), but the other was a rod end that fit fine over the post, but was designed for a 10mm pushrod end.

As the pushrods are 1/4-28, the 10mm size was way too large to fit.

I emailed RCR to ask if this is the correct end, or if some kind of adapter was recommended. A week later, they replied with the contact number of their supplier and suggested I contact him directly to resolve the problem.

I was concerned that this would result in further delays. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue with the suggestion to drill the center of a 10mm bolt and tap it for 1/4-28, thereby making an adapter. This worked great and the cables are now connected.

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 336
I received the cable ends from RCR a couple of weeks ago. One of the ends fit fine (the one that snaps over the ball joint), but the other was a rod end that fit fine over the post, but was designed for a 10mm pushrod end.

As the pushrods are 1/4-28, the 10mm size was way too large to fit.

I emailed RCR to ask if this is the correct end, or if some kind of adapter was recommended. A week later, they replied with the contact number of their supplier and suggested I contact him directly to resolve the problem.

I was concerned that this would result in further delays. Fortunately, a friend came to the rescue with the suggestion to drill the center of a 10mm bolt and tap it for 1/4-28, thereby making an adapter. This worked great and the cables are now connected.

Dave, I feel for your frustration; it's that type of response or lack there of that made me dump my SL-C project!

Good luck,

Jim

Nice work Dave! I will have to check mine as well, ours has been sitting on the lift and has been put on the back burner as I have not had time to get back to it...................Thanks for the info.................M

Back