slc Ls 376 and grazziano

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Dave
I understand your frustration
Did you let Dorothy or Brandwood know about this as Brandwood supplied these parts to us directly and our parts crew just sent them out as received expecting them to be correct
Please pass this info onto Dorothy so she can make sure Brandwood does not supply us with anymore like this
Thanks

Dave
I understand your frustration
Did you let Dorothy or Brandwood know about this as Brandwood supplied these parts to us directly and our parts crew just sent them out as received expecting them to be correct
Please pass this info onto Dorothy so she can make sure Brandwood does not supply us with anymore like this
Thanks

Isn't that your job?

Jim

Fran,

I'm going to be taking the actual Graziano over to Jim Brandwood here in the near future (he lives about 30 minutes from me). If there's anything you want me to bring up with him in the process, let me know.

I received the cable ends from RCR a couple of weeks ago...

...a friend came to the rescue with the suggestion to drill the center of a 10mm bolt and tap it for 1/4-28, thereby making an adapter.

My showed up some weeks back as well. I've not installed, but mine already has this done. Looks like the "insert" is brass. But it does adapted it down to 1/4".

I do hate the idea of being referred to a supplier....

My showed up some weeks back as well. I've not installed, but mine already has this done. Looks like the "insert" is brass. But it does adapted it down to 1/4".

I do hate the idea of being referred to a supplier....[/QUOTE]

Better get accustom to it!

Jim

I will make it a point to check on mine tomorrow when we return to the shop and will post what I have. If it is like Dave's, I think his solution sounds solid enough for me

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Frank
We don't manufacture the shifter system at all and have left it to the experts in shifter design and supply
We receive them and ship them as received
We have worked with Brandwood for many years and they are a standup company
We have helped them as much as we can by supplying an oem Audi shift system for them to base our system on.
Jim (Brandwood) really wants to make the system bullet proof for our customers , hence the reason for him needing your and our feedback to close the loop and make a better mousetrap

Last edited:
We checked this am and our hiem has been modified with an insert to allow it to thread onto the cable end....................................m

Has anyone hooked up their speedometer to a Graziano yet? If so, what are you using for the sensor? Can the Input Shaft sensor be used for this and if so, what needs to connect to each of the two pins on the sensor?

Thanks for any advice.

Has anyone hooked up their speedometer to a Graziano yet? If so, what are you using for the sensor? Can the Input Shaft sensor be used for this and if so, what needs to connect to each of the two pins on the sensor?

Thanks for any advice.

Personally, I'm planning on fitting the reluctor wheel and sensor onto the axle just like I had it with the G50. If I'm not mistaken, the input shaft won't get an accurate reading because it's prior to the output gears. I may be completely off on that. I'm still researching the diagrams to see how the speed is detected on the Gallardo/R8 from the factory.

Michael Fling

Supporter
For whatever it is worth... I learned that some of the earlier Graz shipments (like mine) had shift cables that had 1/4-28 ends. The Heim used for connecting to the Graz is a 6mm, not SAE. Jim has been very helpful to make sure I receive the correct metric assembly. TY Jim. Regarding speedometer... I have wondered- is using a GPS speedo unreasonable?

For those with Graziano's: How strong is your centering spring?

On mine, if I manually push the lever on the transmission, it returns to center but not with much force. With the cable connected at the transmission end only and extended straight out with the dust covers removed, it will still center, but only just. With the cable connected to the shifter knob in the car, the knob will only return to center if it is tapped, and even then, it doesn't move very well.

In addition, the force required to get over to reverse is about the same as what is required to get to first/second.

I'm concerned that with this combination, it will be hard to find first gear and easy to accidentally select reverse.

Has anyone else found this issue? Is there a way to strengthen the centering spring? Does the problem go away once it is warmed up and oil is circulating?

Hi Craig,

I'm not sure, but as no one else has responded yet; I believe it is GL-4.

Don't forget to include a loop for the oil to circulate if you haven't installed a transmission oil cooler.

Dave

The centering and whatnot is why I went with the actual gated shifter from the Gallardo. It's ridiculous price wise compared to the Brandwood units, but I wanted to try something different. That also permits the use of stock Lamborghini cables and the gate/throw is perfect. It also requires you to push down on the shifter to go into reverse, which is a nice feature.

I have to glass in the shifter and finish all the brackets, but initial tests were flawless.

Attachments

• 20150122_125234.jpg
    20150122_125234.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 333
  • 20150122_121307.jpg
    20150122_121307.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 357
That's an interesting idea with the gated shifter.

I wonder how this issue is handled in the R8? (I've never driven one) As it stands with the Graziano in my SLC, finding first gear is by trial and error and reverse is not protected except by its position. I'm sure the R8 must have addressed this issue. . .

Dave,
I believe "Bodhii" addressed this earlier and indicated that the R8 also is gated at the shifter. If I remember correctly, he did not like it.
Mike

Although not an SLC, I thought about just the gated shifter in mine. I was afraid though that the gating would not match up to the Brandwood shifter (thats a really good price for those, you should look up the price of the Lamborghini plate!)

I also bought the outside case for an R8 shifter box as they are different slightly in size, but same internally. I've actually thought about getting the Lamborghini shifter box to Jim Brandwood since he is local so he can use it for dimensions, which then you could use it with just the gated cover plate. That would be a much better deal considering I have $2500 just in the shifter and cables alone.:thumbsdown:

Attachments

• GTM-Lamborghini-Gated-Shifter-Box.JPG
    GTM-Lamborghini-Gated-Shifter-Box.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 324
Back